A bit of urgent with Megasquirt O2 settings, please

Boothy

Just loading the motor onto the trailer for tommorows Howlin Wolf round 2 when low and behold its running roughish, after plugging the laptop in its the O2 sensor again.

Whats happening its not seeing it all the time, bit hit and miss but see's it more after a rev for a while then it peters out again, it definitly drops to 0volts which causes chaos.

Tried rewiring and replacing sensor including running new wires right back to the plug on the ECU in case it was a dry joint or something similar.

Question is how do I switch off the O2 sensor so it will just run its basic fuel map tommorow until I get it back in the workshop for a better look?

This is hopefully an easy fix I can do in the morning when I get there, well thats the plan.

Please make any instruction simple, not being an expert or even a novice yet it takes a lot of knocking in.

The sensors are Bosch 4 wire narrow band type.

Thanks again Guys. :rolleyes:

er

For some reason I can't remeber this 100% but

Go to

Basic Settings

Exhaust Gas

Change Controller step size to 0 (should be prob 1)

Then to be 100% sure :

Change authority to 0

Active above to 120

RPM to 6000

I think Conrtoller step size to 0 switches it off, but if not the others will def do it :)

HTH

Just to lastly say this (your EGO shouldn't cause this issue as it only tunes the VE slightly), think it may be something elase than O2, but this above at least answers this ?

Nige

What Nige said really - ste the step to 0 and authority to 0 and it's off, although frankly it shouldn't be given enough authority to cause chaos in the first place unless you're tuning. 10% would be fine. Also it shouldn't be active below 1200-1500rpm otherwise it'll b*gger up your idle.

What Nige said really - ste the step to 0 and authority to 0 and it's off, although frankly it shouldn't be given enough authority to cause chaos in the first place unless you're tuning. 10% would be fine. Also it shouldn't be active below 1200-1500rpm otherwise it'll b*gger up your idle.

Kin Hell :blink:

I got the settings changes right AND also spotted the O2 shouldn't be causing that amount of running issues :)

And people say miracles never happen :P

Nige

(Still cr@p at electrics .....but slightly improved) :rofl: