*BOING*

Highway_Star

I need new rear springs. Plain and simple. My ar5e is sagging summat awful.

The other day I loaded up 6 2'x3' paving slabs, the Range Rover was damn near on the bump stops, and after a couple of miles the Boge strut had done the square root of zilch to level her up, so I'm thinking that's shot as well.

So, bearing that in mind, I'm planning to ditch the Boge strut and replace the springs. Question is, with what? I'm thinking heavy duty Disco (as it's basically the same weight with no Boge strut), HD to cope with the weight of the gas tank over the rear axle.

I throw the floor open to the suggestions of my learned (?) fellow forumeers!

Go to your local tip, err recycling centre, and bung the lad a few tokens for a go on the weighbridge - weigh each axle and report the rear axle weight here.

Then in conjunction with the answers to the questions q-rover posted we can work out what springs will best suit you. :rolleyes:

It's actually on a set of those so called Police spec springs, admittedly they've been on there 8 years now IIRC.

I'm not really fussed about a lift, I don't do much off roading these days. I'm running 225/75R16 tyres on Disco rims, never had a problem with contact, except lately it's rubbing the tops of the rear arches on full articulation, that and the way it sits on it's bum with even the weight of 4 passengers on board leads me ot think the springs are tired.

Bishbosh, in my 34 years born and bred round here I've never come across a weighbridge! The recycling place doesn't have one AFAIK. I'll ask around.