Rear wiper motor wiring

Can someone tell me what each pin connection is for the rear wiper motor on a later defender (1995 onwards i think).

The part number is AMR3676 and the motor has 2 wiring connectors with a total of 5 pins.

The connector behind the motor is 2 pin and I have the existing connector which has a red and black wire, so I'm assuming this is the main power and earth.

The connector at the top has 3 pins, I'm assuming these may control park and speed, but as i dont have the original loom I dont have any clues to the connecttions.

I'd be grateful if someone could confirm for me please.

Thanks

Nick

Wiring diagram for a 300Tdi rear wash/wipe below, might help you sort the connections

Brown/Light green for washer

Green = ignition controlled feed from switch for wash

Black = earth for wash

Red/light green to wiper motor from switch

Black = earth for wiper motor

other wiring diagram, should let you sort out your existing wires to the new motor

post-20-1212432002_thumb.jpg

post-20-1212432317_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ralph,

Those diagrams are certainly helping things.

I've had a closer look and on my original post i said the 2 pin connector was red and a black, the red is actually the red/ green so corresponds to the 300tdi diagram and the connector c388-2.

I'm therefore assuming that c079 refers to the 3 pin connector, but question now which pins correspond to c079-1 (bown/light green), c079-2 (green) and c079-3 (black).

Iv'e taken off the cover of the motors and its not possilbe to see whats going on mechaincally to try to work it out.

regards

nick

• 3 weeks later...

Ralph,

Thanks for the second set of diagrams, they have helped clear things up. Sorry for the delay in replying - have been busy at work and my home pc managed to get infected with malware making it unusable and needed rebuilting - not a very good example for someone who works in IT !!!

Anyway I can now report, that to quote someone elses word in another thread somewhere " I have now made a pact with the devil as I have a working rear wiper!!" In fact I think I can now report that I have a 1985 ninety with all electrical circuits working - I probably did'nt ought to speak too soon!!!

Thanks

Nick