I'll show you mine

Bobtail

Sadly no bobtail, trayback or Grizzly Claws - but it does ok off tarmac. The electwonic twickery is great at compensating for the road biased tyres. I just try to avoid narrow lanes through a gorse bush or dropping it into a 6 foot deep puddle. :lol:

Copyofmud023.jpg

mud012.jpg

Since these pics were taken I've fitted a winch and have just taken delivery of some underbody bash plates courtesy of our favourite internet based auction site.

CopyofWinchprep021.jpg

I'm desperately trying to convince SWMBO that a set of ATs really would make a wonderful Christmas present to myself.... :D

Even the dog likes it.

wabbit003.jpg

First post over here. I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd better say hello. B)

Mine with the 37" Creepy crawlers on, I've just trimmed the arches so it can be driven but more will have to be done when I get the arches so I can go offroad again. On the last pic you can see how big it is in comparison to my little 5ft 3" Fiancee standing next to it.

post-3312-1223754479_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1223754510_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1223754532_thumb.jpg

just noticed as your only in brackley i could drop mine off to you for a quick body lift :lol:

seeing as you have allready done yours should be a breeze

rob

Hi rob

You are quite welcome to pop over and have a look

And if you need some help mate i'll pass you the spanners :lol:

cheers

Jim

Mine with the 37" Creepy crawlers on, I've just trimmed the arches so it can be driven but more will have to be done when I get the arches so I can go offroad again. On the last pic you can see how big it is in comparison to my little 5ft 3" Fiancee standing next to it.

Nice :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Looks familiar .........somehow :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sadly no bobtail, trayback or Grizzly Claws - but it does ok off tarmac. The electwonic twickery is great at compensating for the road biased tyres. I just try to avoid narrow lanes through a gorse bush or dropping it into a 6 foot deep puddle. :lol:

CopyofWinchprep021.jpg

I'm desperately trying to convince SWMBO that a set of ATs really would make a wonderful Christmas present to myself.... :D

I wouldn't be complaining that its no bobtail sat in that cabin of luxury.................can you even tell your offroad........................ ;)

Like you say put some good AT tyres on & you will have a very capable machine with all the electronic trickery & if that fails you always have your winch. I always say to myself that I'll get one of those just for road but like you I probably wouldn't be able to resist taking it in the sticky stuff.

Here's my standard RRC that i have had for about 3 weeks, she was lovely to drive till the auto box went south ...I have a few plans for her i want to lift her and then do some light off roading to start with and also add a breather kit and waterproof the electrics then see how it goes and then find some more to do to her

Cheers

Shaun

post-12111-1224172417_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

:lol:

Nice looking pickup - I love the whole 'acres of glass' look that you have there - and looks well executed too. Does the top-tailgate lift? How did you do the roof?

Roger

thanks was trying to keep as bigger field of vision as possible. yeah the tailgate does still work handy if you stuck between two trees :lol: The roof was cut about a foot back from the front, middle section removed, welded back together and an original roof support beam fixed over the seam on the inside.

was trying to keep as bigger field of vision as possible. yeah the tailgate does still work handy if you stuck between two trees

That's my thinking for when I do mine next Summer. Do you have any higher-res pics or even some of the build perhaps?

That's my thinking for when I do mine next Summer. Do you have any higher-res pics or even some of the build perhaps?

no sadly i didnt take any of the build although i wish i had now, ill see if can get hold of a camera not on a phone and post some more. is there any particular area you want to see?

no sadly i didnt take any of the build although i wish i had now, ill see if can get hold of a camera not on a phone and post some more. is there any particular area you want to see?

Thanks!

Basically the roof and rear/side windows - also, how did you seal up the rear doors?

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks!

Basically the roof and rear/side windows - also, how did you seal up the rear doors?

Cheers,

Roger

ok ill take some pics might be a few days, i have to borrow a camera

basically the doors are welded from the inside to secure them then the door gap built over wilth ally welding and body filed, then the rear handles filled with an ally plate, welded and finished.

really the doors still exsist but just not on show, and to cover the inside i made a plate to cover the door and what was left of the quater panel.

the rear window is the orignal window and surrond moved forward and braced down to the floor and side windows are bonded plastic made to fit the left over hole.

most of it was a case of changing things to suit as it progressed

hope this helps as i say sadly no build pics, i expect these would have explaned it better than i can.

• 2 weeks later...

hi m8,,im thinking bout fitting sum 37.13.50 x15s on my 1990 rrc..it has just got a 2inch procomp suspension lift,,,just wanted any advice on how much hassel it was to make your 37s fit,,arch cutting,especialy the rear arches/doors,,never done this before,,any help an advice would be great,,,thanks,,wayne... ;)

hi m8,,im thinking bout fitting sum 37.13.50 x15s on my 1990 rrc..it has just got a 2inch procomp suspension lift,,,just wanted any advice on how much hassel it was to make your 37s fit,,arch cutting,especialy the rear arches/doors,,never done this before,,any help an advice would be great,,,thanks,,wayne... ;)

I haven't finished the arch cutting yet as I'm just trying to source some extended arches big enough to cover the wheels.

Its got a 2" suspension lift & a 2" body lift & once the extended arches have been fitted it should be ready for some off road action.

Just keep an eye on the posts as I'm sure I'll put some pics up when its done & If you need any further advise just let me know & I'll help if I can.

Oh I've also read & been told that a 37.13.5x15 is a little too wide for the rangie, I think you are better off sticking to the 37.12.5x15 as the max size.

Also if you go that size, a 10x15 rim will keep your lock but will need some wide extended arches like mine & if you go 8.5x15 you will have no steering lock & may have a lot of rubbing on the inside.

I haven't finished the arch cutting yet as I'm just trying to source some extended arches big enough to cover the wheels.

Its got a 2" suspension lift & a 2" body lift & once the extended arches have been fitted it should be ready for some off road action.

Just keep an eye on the posts as I'm sure I'll put some pics up when its done & If you need any further advise just let me know & I'll help if I can.

Oh I've also read & been told that a 37.13.5x15 is a little too wide for the rangie, I think you are better off sticking to the 37.12.5x15 as the max size.

Also if you go that size, a 10x15 rim will keep your lock but will need some wide extended arches like mine & if you go 8.5x15 you will have no steering lock & may have a lot of rubbing on the inside.

hi m8,,cheers for that..look forward to seeing your build piccies...so i best stick to 37.12.5x15s then..the reason i was contemplating the 37.13.50 x15s was i found them as a wheel an tyre package on ebay for 750 quid whitch i thought wasnt too bad a deal,,,right back onto evilbay for sum 37.12.5x15s then... :P ..thanks again for that mate... ;)

hi m8,,cheers for that..look forward to seeing your build piccies...so i best stick to 37.12.5x15s then..the reason i was contemplating the 37.13.50 x15s was i found them as a wheel an tyre package on ebay for 750 quid whitch i thought wasnt too bad a deal,,,right back onto evilbay for sum 37.12.5x15s then... :P ..thanks again for that mate... ;)

Mine only cost around £650, I bought the wheels from paddocks £29.25 +vat each & the tyres from ebay @ £130 each + £20 to a mate for fitting.

Oh & it was all free delivery ;)

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/WHEELS_AND...ck_Modular.html (wheels)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=280271370137 (tyres)

I don't think this chap has any at the moment but keep an eye on his ebay shop as he always has some sort of maxxis tyre, think he has the mudzillas at the moment. It was the only reason I bought the 37" because they were so cheap & I couldn't get the 35s anywhere at the time for a good price.

The only other chap on ebay is these, still £10 cheaper than the mags as they are £890 at Silverline :blink: Only about £250 for fitting compared to what I paid!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/37-12-50-x15-MAXXIS-...%3A1|240%3A1318

edit: Actually sorry, just had a quick look in the mag & Silverlines price includes delivery, still around £250 more than I paid though.

Mine only cost around £650, I bought the wheels from paddocks £29.25 +vat each & the tyres from ebay @ £130 each + £20 to a mate for fitting.

Oh & it was all free delivery ;)

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/WHEELS_AND...ck_Modular.html (wheels)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=280271370137 (tyres)

I don't think this chap has any at the moment but keep an eye on his ebay shop as he always has some sort of maxxis tyre, think he has the mudzillas at the moment. It was the only reason I bought the 37" because they were so cheap & I couldn't get the 35s anywhere at the time for a good price.

The only other chap on ebay is these, still £10 cheaper than the mags as they are £890 at Silverline :blink: Only about £250 for fitting compared to what I paid!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/37-12-50-x15-MAXXIS-...%3A1|240%3A1318

edit: Actually sorry, just had a quick look in the mag & Silverlines price includes delivery, still around £250 more than I paid though.

thanks a lot for the links mate..ive book marked em... ;) ..ill defo go for a set of them wheels n tyres..just one more thing,,may sound a bit daft ,,but ,,why do all theese massive tyres only have around a 75 mph rating?...just a bit puzzled....thanks again for your help again,,,all the best mate... ;)