Quick Q's about alarm/key fobs on early 300TDi's

jerboa

Just bought my 6th Landrover - the second discovery, '95 300tdi. It's come with 2 keys, but no alarm fob. The alarm still appears to arm itself with the keys (the lights flash) when its locked manually, so it works perimetrically as per the manual. But I'm wondering if in fact it should have a remote Fob/alarm thing? Is there anyway to tell? My last disco ('94) had a single button Fob and it could arm/operate the central locking that way..

So really I'm wondering if the Fob was standard or an option..?!

Any help or knowledge would be handy, Thanks in advance..

Just bought my 6th Landrover - the second discovery, '95 300tdi. It's come with 2 keys, but no alarm fob. The alarm still appears to arm itself with the keys (the lights flash) when its locked manually, so it works perimetrically as per the manual. But I'm wondering if in fact it should have a remote Fob/alarm thing? Is there anyway to tell? My last disco ('94) had a single button Fob and it could arm/operate the central locking that way..

So really I'm wondering if the Fob was standard or an option..?!

Any help or knowledge would be handy, Thanks in advance..

thats a big word...... all the disco 300tdis and late 200tdis have had a fob with them!!!

So I'm missing one? hmmm, is replacement as simple as just getting one from ebay and programming the alarm ecu with that ignition/bonnet switch sequence? ie: what you have to do when you buy a new fob from remotekey.co.uk? or do you need numbers etc?

So I'm missing one? hmmm, is replacement as simple as just getting one from ebay and programming the alarm ecu with that ignition/bonnet switch sequence? ie: what you have to do when you buy a new fob from remotekey.co.uk? or do you need numbers etc?

Jerboa,

Do you know what the exact sequence is to teach the fob the alarm codes ?

Hope so, been trying to find this for some time. Need to program a spare fob for wifes Disco.

Cheers

Filthy

Try this:

If you have a 2 button remote, this will NOT work:

Remote Programming - Single Button

Must be carried out in 8 seconds to access learn mode. Best done with two people. You should have both remotes available or second one will not work.

* Open hood and have you wife hold hood alarm switch down.

* From inside car with all doors closed, ignition off and all lock buttons up

* Turn ignition on then off

* Cycle drivers door button down then up

* Wife now releases hood switch

* Turn ignition on then off

* If done correctly, horn will beep once and dash LED will light up. This indicates the learn mode has been accessed. If this doesn’t happen repeat 1 thru 6.

* From inside car push and hold first remote. The dash LED should flash 8 cycles a second for one second indicating that the code was received. If this does not happen repeat steps 1 thru 6 again.

Push and hold the second remote if the code is received the dash LED will flash 8 cycles indicating that the code was received. If this does not happen repeat 1 thru 8 again. Note: Turning the ignition on at any time will cancel the learning process. The system can only store two remote codes and must be done at the same time. If you only have one remote program it twice.

Hope it helps..

Will not help filthy he has a 300 series disco and all 300's have a two button fobs.

'94 to late '95 (or early '96) have one button Fobs, my previous '94 300 did. I'm still trying to figure out whether the fobs are standard equipement and if mine is missing or whether it was a cost option and mine doesn't have one at all.

Can I tell by looking at the alarm ecu? It has the little flashy red light in centre of console near radio.

I will have to look in my parts book and check the alarm ecu part no's against Vin no's tomorrow, but if you have a black electronic alarm sounder fitted on the o/s inner wing then it's a two button alarm, single button alarms used the horn to give the sound.

Also how do you overcome the immobilisation, that is what the two button fob does The immobilisation is passive ie sets it's self, the fob re-mobilises the engine.

I will have to look in my parts book and check the alarm ecu part no's against Vin no's tomorrow, but if you have a black electronic alarm sounder fitted on the o/s inner wing then it's a two button alarm, single button alarms used the horn to give the sound.

Also how do you overcome the immobilisation, that is what the two button fob does The immobilisation is passive ie sets it's self, the fob re-mobilises the engine.

Hi Teabag,

Mine's a "N" 95/96 300TDi - yes black alarm sounder & two button fob.

I'd be very pleased if some one could tell em the fob programming sequence.

Filthy

You just use the same button to arm/disarm it. Everyother function on it is automatic - makes sense really, its a pretty simple arrangement!

jerboa

Early 300 series discoveries had a single button key fob matched to a ECU part number AMR2109.

The ECU is a black box almost along side the bonnet release handle on the passenger side.

Hi Teabag,

Mine's a "N" 95/96 300TDi - yes black alarm sounder & two button fob.

I'd be very pleased if some one could tell em the fob programming sequence.

Filthy

You can't programe a two button fob only re-synchronise. Only people like Remote Key who have the software can programe two button fobs.