V8 plug lead question

Ben Jordan

Hi Ben,

You can buy some very nice universal clamps from Halfords that are numbered from 1- 8 with a king lead marker, takes up to 8mm, Hotwire (or similar name, yellow writing on white background) for £0.99p each. In both my local Halfords they are with the spark plugs & leads - Obvious I suppse!

(I have 3 sets on my most abused machine, keeps them away from the hot bits etc)

Vehicle wiring products used to sell them, but have stopped stocking them now.

Otherwise, the standard spacers pilfer at every opportunity from scrap yards!

Hi Ben,

You can buy some very nice universal clamps from Halfords that are numbered from 1- 8 with a king lead marker, takes up to 8mm, Hotwire (or similar name, yellow writing on white background) for £0.99p each. In both my local Halfords they are with the spark plugs & leads - Obvious I suppse!

(I have 3 sets on my most abused machine, keeps them away from the hot bits etc)

Vehicle wiring products used to sell them, but have stopped stocking them now.

Otherwise, the standard spacers pilfer at every opportunity from scrap yards!

Have you got ant pics of them?

Be careful that you get the correct type for your leads. The Magnecor leads I fitted came with their own separators and woe is you, damn & blast notes if you used any other separator!

It's important that you do not crush the leads and that they are spaced away from metallic engine parts. Maybe standard types of leads are less prone to problems?