brake pipe flares

02GF74

I've got the hand held version of the Moprod. I've had it for a good few years and it still does the job fine.

Les. :)

I've got that one too! comes with a little bolt on handle. I have had it about 20 years and have made many, many pipes over the years, works perfectly and can be used in really tight spots under the vehicle if you need to. One of my best buys too. Saved me a lot of money over the years!

Regards,

Diff

med_gallery_2_28_87804.jpg

Made by 'Supra' (no, not Toyota)

That's the one I've got.

Mike, mine has been across Africa many times without being needed.

The one time I DID need it in Africa was when a rear axle brake pipe sheared at the wheel cylinder on my 1959 series 2 Safari 109 on a down hill gravel track between the Serengetti and The Ngorogoro Crater in Tanzania.

Whilst attempting to effect repairs after a seriously scary ride with no brakes(except the handbrake) into the dry river bed at the bottom, I realised that I had left my brake pipe flaring kit at home!

I managed to anneal the copper pipe end with the petrol stove and a mug of water to get it soft enough to form a flare with a few hand tools. Had to keep annealing the pipe as it kept work hardening as I formed the flare. It would have been a lot easier if I hadn't left the flaring kit in the UK!

Regards,

Diff

Yes Diff I know what you mean.

That's why I took mine with some bundy pipe and tube nuts to make a temporary repair.

I was also told to take a rear flexi pipe as you can cut the threaded end down to fit the front.

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!

The MOT fail is for a Vauxhall Combi van Chris, builders wagon, so the usual negelct. I took a Vauxhall Nova for an MOT a couple of weeks ago and the fail list went for two pages, so down the scrapyard it went. The music list is for me, but not Wales. I download stuff from Limewire.com and Morpheus. I thought deafening rock music was the thing for off-road going by a lot of videos I've seen. :)

The MOT fail is for a Vauxhall Combi van Chris, builders wagon, so the usual negelct. I took a Vauxhall Nova for an MOT a couple of weeks ago and the fail list went for two pages, so down the scrapyard it went. The music list is for me, but not Wales. I download stuff from Limewire.com and Morpheus. I thought deafening rock music was the thing for off-road going by a lot of videos I've seen. :)

So where can I buy one of these little wonders?