Propshaft nut tool for £2

FridgeFreezer

Buy a 1/4" or 3/8" drive 14mm or 9/16" socket and "wobble" extension bar, cut the socket down so it's only as deep as the head of the prop nut/bolt. You may want to grind a bit off the back of the socket too if it's a fat one or your prop angles are tight.

Cheaper than the real thing and the wobble bar comes in handy for all sorts.

Not quite as strong though. My rattle gun will snap a 3/8 extension wobble bar - so I doubt a 1/4 one will last long.

I have to say that this tool is one of the most useful I've bought and they represent such good value.

Si

Buy a 1/4" or 3/8" drive 14mm or 9/16" socket and "wobble" extension bar, cut the socket down so it's only as deep as the head of the prop nut/bolt. You may want to grind a bit off the back of the socket too if it's a fat one or your prop angles are tight.

Cheaper than the real thing and the wobble bar comes in handy for all sorts.

Maybe it's because I had to learn the hard way in series ones that I still prefere two spanners !!!!

I do sometime use a 3/8 drive socket on a wobbly extension now thought.

I have a Difflock propshaft tool but I never use it.

I don't use half inch drive sockets very much you see,preferring my 3/8 drive Snap-On stuff.

Remembering horses for courses though.

ie. Half inch where appropriate. :rolleyes:

Form an orderly queue by those waishing to have the propshaft tool at a reasonable price......

I eat rat poison.They didn't change my dosage last Friday !!!

mike

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!!

Maybe it's because I had to learn the hard way in series ones that I still prefere two spanners !!!!

I do sometime use a 3/8 drive socket on a wobbly extension now thought.

I have a Difflock propshaft tool but I never use it.

I don't use half inch drive sockets very much you see,preferring my 3/8 drive Snap-On stuff.

Remembering horses for courses though.

ie. Half inch where appropriate. :rolleyes:

Must come from the same school as I'm a two spanners man as well (well one spanner and a shifter usually) though I'm still pretty wedded to my 1/2". Bought a 3/8" set but just doesn't have the same feel.

I was introduced to This Tool by another forum member (dirty diesel) and it is good.

We both use this tool a lot from propshafts to inlet manifiolds, ok, its a bit more money than the difflock thingy, but its good and always get access, it is used regularly with an impact air gun.

Yep Rog i use the same and yes they are spot on.

Chris