disco 1 rear electric windows

big ives

both rear windows will not go up or down, have checked the fuses, wiring all ok

is there any relays in the circuit? any other little tips on how to get them going

thanks

ps do the rear windows need to work for the MOT?

windows are not an MOT point, so no worries there.

odds are it's one of two things. first is the inhibitor switch pressed in? do they work on the front switches, or not at all? if none of the switches make them work, then it's the window ECU. this is a little black box of tricks behind the glovebox, next to the ABS ecu (if you have it). there will be a couple of dry solder joints in there stopping the relays from operating the windows.

do a search for window ecu on here, or have a look at the fix click me here

windows are not an MOT point, so no worries there.

odds are it's one of two things. first is the inhibitor switch pressed in? do they work on the front switches, or not at all? if none of the switches make them work, then it's the window ECU. this is a little black box of tricks behind the glovebox, next to the ABS ecu (if you have it). there will be a couple of dry solder joints in there stopping the relays from operating the windows.

do a search for window ecu on here, or have a look at the fix click me here

disco al

many thanks for the quick reply, good to know not a MOT point

today i will swap the rears over to the front switches and see if they work, the front windows work fine

failing that then swap or resolder the windows ecu

disco al

found a spare rear window ecu at the breakers yard, swapped it over to mine and windows now working. will resolder the one removed and have as spare

very easy to change just a bit tight under the glove box

many thanks for pointing me in the right direction

• 4 weeks later...

had a look at my electric windows tonight removed the switches from center console front work on either fron or rear switches in console but rears do not work on any switch is this still likely to be the ecu or is there something else I am missing

cheers

Lee