3.9 non runner

kentranger

oh yeah im well happy. :D new rotor arm and cap did the trick. as soon as i put them on it was ticking over at about 500 revs. adjusted the timeing and tickover again and she is sweet on petrol. loads of power there aswell. on the lpg side of things if i switch over when moveing there is very little difference in performance but on idle, well there is no idle on the gas but not too bothered about that just yet. i would imagine a decent set of plugs will help as i had done a test today on the old plugs and new 1's. the ngk's spark was double that of the champion. i will pick up a set tomorrow and try them. it wont do no harm.

BIG BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. i would have scrapped it ages ago i think but you all kept me going in my hour of need :D:D:D:D:D

hi again. it started great with no probs. i drove it for about 20 miles to give it a little clear out. got back n tinkered with the timeing and idle and now its fine both gas and fuel. changed the plugs again to ngk's. the plugs that came out was black with soot so ill get that checked in a couple of weeks. thanks again all for your help

hi again. it started great with no probs. i drove it for about 20 miles to give it a little clear out. got back n tinkered with the timeing and idle and now its fine both gas and fuel. changed the plugs again to ngk's. the plugs that came out was black with soot so ill get that checked in a couple of weeks. thanks again all for your help

You're welcome. :D

Suggest you also change the leads, use genuines and connect them a la piccy I e-mailed you for best peformance

Nige

the sort of kitten that lives in the zoo and eats Zebras :blink:

Its not going anywhere near mine :o

My zebra makes far more noise than that thing anyway.... :P

Interesting reading this thread....I had a similar problem with my v8 in the summer. Drove me nuts. Turned out that I hadnt done the nut up properly on the points connection in the dizzy.