90 Rear Bulkhead removal -

It can be done without a removal bar, but the question you should be asking is whether it is safe to do so??

If you were to be involved in a side-on collision, would there be enough strength in the shell to stop it folding up?? I'm not entirely sure how sturdy the original set-up is in a side-on collision, but I should imagine that by removing material you will be creating a weaknes...

Sureley that bar doesnt make that much of a difference?.

I am tempted to do this modification myself but your buggered if you want to fit a truck cab in the future!.. Suppose if your fitting rock sliders anyway that will add to side impact protection?.

Or could you easily make this removal bar?

Some kind of strengthener will need to be added if the bulkhead is removed , Just to put some rigidity back in the body , Not so much for side impact but in the event of a roll , the shell will fold up like a wet cardboard box without any central rigidity .

^^^ what he said

something will need to go in there

i think it's safe to say that 90% of people that do this use some kind of bar to replace the strengh lost when you cut it out.

i'm thinking about doing it at some point to increase the leg room but my list of things to do increases daily and i would like to use the bulkhead for fixing an extra fuse box so until that's done i won't do it etc.

It's one of the mods then once it's done i think it's hard to replace so getting it right in your mind that you want to do it is important.

just my 2p.