correct battery TD5??

petrolhead63

What should a 2000 TD5 manual have? I reckon something like a 110A/H 664 type if it fits the tray.

What is the CCA (cold cranking amps)? IIRC, with diesels, the highest cranking power you have, the better!

The original battery is Delphi Freedom, 12V 110Ah, CCA 800A, Delphi part# 19001340, LR part# YGD100860

The motor factors tell you different because in nearly all aftermarket catalogs the Discovery 1.2 (the 300 series) appears as Discovery 2.. Given the engine capacity is the same, 2.5 liters, you will be adviced for a 72Ah battery, good for Discovery 300 series but not Td5.

This was a mistake in the early catalogs which was transferred to the newer ones. Few catalogs have corrected this, Other say Discovery 2, 95-98 (or 94-99) which is ok.

my usual factor searches by reg number and comes up for a TD5 wuith a 95 A/H battery with just under 700 cold crank. Its an industrial/heavy duty battery. This is still not up to LR spec...I have concluded I think a 664 which is 110A/H will fit and is a lot less than the orifginal LR one it seems. The posts will be to the rear of the battery box not central but that should be ok.