SUGGESTIONS PLEASE - 750 TYRES

I was hoping someone may be able to recommend a 750 tyre, and where to get them from.

I currently run Colway Atacamas 750 x 16R on my 90 but I understand that Colway went out of business a couple of years ago. I want to replace them with a similar type tread which suit me for RTVs and towing a caravan.

Cheers

I've got (Colway) Grenway Machos (MT pattern) 7.50 x 16, and they're pretty good, so I was dissapointed when learned Colway had gone under (I think they were from my birthplace, the North East, too. Another British company gone (and one doing recycling too, so now you might have to be a new tyre rather than a remould). The range of 7.50 tubed tyres is tiny. I think Insa Turbo do one? I know Michelin have one if you're loaded. The OEM road tyres I have are Avon Rangemasters. I've read many people saying they're not much good, but to me they're fine on the road, quiet (in a Defender(?) and after 40,000 miles tehy look practically brand new; there is loads of tread left. I suspect tehy will perish before they wear out.

235/85R16 is the new money version, plenty of choice in that size last I looked. Then again, I believe 255/something is a slightly wider equivalent that's also popular.

Thank you for the replies. I'll have a surf now I've got some names, although adding new numbers into thye mix is confusing. :rolleyes:

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the replies. I'll have a surf now I've got some names, although adding new numbers into thye mix is confusing. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Try Insa Turbo Sahara they do 750 x 16 and 235/85 x 16 They are getting good reviews in our club.