Ignition Switch Wiring

Hi

I have a Lucas 157sa or qrf100880 ignition switch for my 90 which is different to my old one

The wires I have are Red/Brown,Brown,White,White and Black and White and Red

Could any one tell me what goes where ?

Thanks

post-9363-126478888184_thumb.jpg

post-9363-126478943568_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ralph

What I dont get is the numbering on the switch

Clockwise using the pic on the right it goes clockwise left top no 5 and 4 together (only one spade) no3 ,no 2 (two spades one number) and no1 bottom left

I cant match this to any info in the other posts.

thanks again

Bob

• 1 year later...

This the same switch I have,numbered 1-5, but there are only 4 connections, Position 4 has to copper connection.

Through process of elimination I got it to work with

Pos 1- white/red wire

Pos 2-heavy white wire & white & Brown/orange

Pos 3- Heavy Brown

Pos 4- No connection on switch

Pos 5 -Wire to glow plug

Just was wondering if anyone has any thought before I button it up?

This is the switch:

Ignition Switch / Steering Lock S3 Ref: QRF500110 / Price $64.95 Application: Defender 200/300 TDI - Superceded from QRF100880

• 9 years later...

can someone help me here please, i've just fitted a 200tdi 12 L into a what was 2.5 na, and now just about to start it and I have no crank on the ignition key, I have battery and oil light, but also have a hand brake light come up which I never had before also I have my glow plug when I hold the 128 SA switch over but then no crank, like I said! I have looked at that many forums now all saying slightly different , I was told that i could use the glow plugs just on a direct live without any relays or extra wiring, what I have at the moment is at no's 1 large brown, no's 2 large white with 2x small white & black no's 5 glow plug, no's 3 small white & red and nothing on 4, this worked before on the N/A but bugger all now, the engine cranks if I short the starter and all power seems to be getting there and the earth from the starter appears to be good on a test, any suggestion please guys would be well appreciated 

I put a 200 tdi into my lightweight and wired up glow plugs off a button, not that I ever need to use it, if you have an electrical tester check wiring and connect starter solenoid to terminal that is live in the crank position and drops off when key turns back to run position regards Stephen