D2 Now with Diff lock but with warning light issues

Divster

I'm going through the process of fitting the Ashcrofts diff lock linkage to my 2000 TD5. The linkage is all now in place. On checking that the diff lock light on the instrument binacle displayed when diff lock was in, I was surprised to find that the transmission oil temp light was activated. This was definately related to the diff lock light switch as the warning light went out as soon as I disconnected one of the terminals. Has anyone else had this? Has anyone got the wiring diagrams for temp switch and diff lock switch that they could put up here please?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going through the process of fitting the Ashcrofts diff lock linkage to my 2000 TD5. The linkage is all now in place. On checking that the diff lock light on the instrument binacle displayed when diff lock was in, I was surprised to find that the transmission oil temp light was activated. This was definately related to the diff lock light switch as the warning light went out as soon as I disconnected one of the terminals. Has anyone else had this? Has anyone got the wiring diagrams for temp switch and diff lock switch that they could put up here please?

were did you get the kit ? id like to put one on my disco thanx

• 6 years later...

I have come across this very issue today, but don't remember seeing any alternative wire on the loom that I should have fitted, instead of the oil temperature warning light ones.

Did you find the correct ones?

I suppose an oil temp warning like would be okay as a warning for diff lock but it doesn't look as pretty and I wonder if the ECU would be told to go into limp mode, to protect a fantom hot gearbox?

That overtemp warning was not conceived for the manual gearbox, no such thing on the R380, it is mainly for the automatic gearbox oil temp warning and on some specs(especially exports/NAS) it's connected to the transfer box temp sensor too which on UK modells is not fitted just that the wiring might be there and can be accidentally connected to the diff-lock switch being the same connector(C0686)

C0686.jpg