Loud bang from under rear of my freelander.

inspire90

how difficult is it to replace and do you please have the idea of the cost?

Thank you and kind regards.

Real easy if you have the tools and can use them....parts are around £20 IIRC from the stealers

Whats your location as someone might be able to help you.....and while your under there check the other mounts too.

Thank you so much, would really appreciate it as I do not have the tools to do the Job. I am in southeast London, Elephant and Castle area.if you have someone who can provide the service would really appreciate it. Thanks. quote name='K88 MUD' date='22 June 2010 - 05:48 AM' timestamp='1277185726' post='507020']

Real easy if you have the tools and can use them....parts are around £20 IIRC from the stealers

Whats your location as someone might be able to help you.....and while your under there check the other mounts too.

If you can undo a bolt and do it back up you should manage this. smile.gif

I normally change all three bushs when they go.

you may need to borrow a set of ramps if you don't have any to get the ars up in the air safely.

Remove the bush bolts three on each and remeber the diff is heavy(its still connected to the prop and CV's but it will hurt you hand if you drop it), then refit the bush's one at a time don't tigten them back up untill all are fully inplace as if you do you will not get the last bush inplace, been there done thatblink.gif .

I dont even take the wheels off when I change them. (the pics that Jon posted ois for the complete diff removel which is not ehat you need to do but its shows the bush's being removed.)

post-312-127719508078_thumb.jpg

Location 1 example

post-312-127719509853_thumb.jpg

location 2 example

post-312-127719511414_thumb.jpg

location 3 example

post-312-127719512831_thumb.jpg

This is what the knacked bush will look like.

Thay may look the same but each bush is difrant

It can be fiddly you only need to nudo the bushed don't remove anything else but its about an hours job with some decent spaners and a socket set and taking into account a cup of tea or two.

smile.gif

i changed the front [nose] mounting on mine in february with nothing like the dismantling illustrated, :) ran her up on ramps undid the two bolts into the diff, undid the bolt through the mounting, wiggled the old one out, the new one practically fell in absurdly easily, :D i had it back for MOT retest in fifty minutes after booking her back in, didnt need to change the side mounts as they were in good nick. :)

if i remember correctly it cost me £26 from Bearmach Bedwas depot, the side mounts are a fair bit dearer for some reason :(