boost wheel offset in comparison to modulars

Alright fellas.

Im looking at replacing my general 235/85s on LR boost alloys for a Set of 265/75 mud terrains on steel modulars. No website i have been on indicates what offset the modulars have. Are they more offset than boosts? i would like +30mm offset on each wheel. Probably gonna buy a set of 4 from silverline.

Thanks

Ash

Ok im getting confused now, boosts have a 33mm offset, but modulars come in 7mm and 0mm offset but 7mm offset sticks out further than standard wheels?

What i would like is an 8x16 rim, with an offset similar to boosts/freestyles in combination with wheelspacers. So whatever boosts offset is, that plus 30mm ish.

Thanks

Ash

Ok a boost is 33mm off set (say). A modular is 0mm (say). Irrespective of rim width. So if you replace the boost with the modular you'll move the centreline of the wheel (and tyre)ouboard by 33mm. A 33mm spacer with a boost would have the same effect. (and it will load bearings etc just the same, but with the chance of spacers detaching themselves). It seems pointless to look for modulars the same offset as boosts and add spacers, when you can buy them with much less offset. 7 x 16 and 8 x 16 rims of the same offset will place the tyre in the same position; you just need to choose the appropriate width for your rubberwear.

Nigel

I think you had it a about t originally. The more offset, the more the centreline of the tyre moves inboard, as per the diagram on Red90's link. So most FWD cars have a lot of offset to let hubs etc be as far out as poss. That's why boosts are such a pita on a 110. They look nice, but make turning in a supermarket carpark a major exercise.

Nigel

ahh! so good job i didnt go ahead and order several hundred pounds worth of wheels and tyres with a massive offset and find out i cant steer!! Cheers Nigel!

I've had the pleasure, of driving a 110 with boosts and its simply horrific compared to my 90 with boosts! i dont know how he copes with the thing!

Trying to save up for some mach 5's but i just cant justify their sheer expense! Still nothing in comparison to the price of some of the wheels we fit to mercs, they are nearly a grand a piece on the pricier ones! and they bend driving over manhole covers!