It think the Land Rover is Stuck.

tweetyduck

It always amuses me to see people in 4x4's flying around in the snow with the "i'm in a 4x4 therefore indestructable" mindset. i see quite a lot of accidents around the area i am which has a lot of new Range Rovers, they always seem to be confused that they have a 4x4 yet are able to get stuck or slip and slide, and at no point do they take into account the 20 inch wheels with 45 profile semi-slick tyres....

funny

i'll have to leave the camera in the car as i'm sure i'll see some things like the picture above in the next few weeks! :rolleyes:

It always amuses me to see people in 4x4's flying around in the snow with the "i'm in a 4x4 therefore indestructable" mindset. i see quite a lot of accidents around the area i am which has a lot of new Range Rovers, they always seem to be confused that they have a 4x4 yet are able to get stuck or slip and slide, and at no point do they take into account the 20 inch wheels with 45 profile semi-slick tyres....

I agree, except the one in the picture looks to have everything right...snorkel, lift, big tyres, well worn paint, and most importantly the "one life. live it." sticker.

Not sure how it could possibly have gone so wrong???

(before anyone pipes up, I was kidding)

I agree it looks well prepped, but my guess would be ice, speed, and a lack of snow chains...

you could have 44" swampers, but pretty much every standard tyre will slide on black ice without chains.

it'd be nice to find out who it is so we can ask how! :D

An ex-police officer ended up in the hedge outside my house this morning, and the tractor coming to his rescue was sliterhing about like he was on skates.... this was with just 1/2" of snow on the roads this morning.

I've just followed a Range Rover doing less than 5mph...taking it a bit too carefull. I think she must have switched and enabled every traction device. I wouldn't be too surprised if she'd got it diff locked. Bleeding numpties.

That accident reminds me of one I had to attend many years ago near Slough, it was on a little back road and was single vehicle rtc involving a 6wheeler truck that had ended up in ditch , We thought originally that the truck had lost control coming round a sharp bend . Then the driver said he had been coming from other way and had lost it on icy road( winter time) . We couldnt believe it as we measured width of road between hedges and it was a lot less than length of truck. Another car went into ditch while we were stood there, black ice !