V8 Coil Wiring

stuck

Gents, the "complete" loom that came with my part built CCV truck has a section missing.

I've looked at the wiring diagram(s) in a book of lies and on the Rave manual but can't make sense of the coil / dissy wiring.

Both manuals show a wire leaving the ECU on a black & white conductor and connecting to the -Ve terminal of the coil but it doesn't show where the white conductor from the +Ve coil terminal goes or where the two wires on the distributor connect.

Sorry if I'm being thick...

Mick.

Both manuals show a wire leaving the ECU on a black & white conductor and connecting to the -Ve terminal of the coil but it doesn't show where the white conductor from the +Ve coil terminal goes or where the two wires on the distributor connect.

If you have a later ECU (14CUX?) the wire that exits down by the MAF Sensor goes to the coil the the other wire goes back to the ignition switch. The two wires from the Dizzy go to the coil as well - if you look at the dizzy connects they are like a 'T'. The top is the neg and the leg is the pos.

Not always mentioned in the diagrams is the relay on the end of the white/black wire from the coil -ve to the ECU TACH pin, which is actually white/blue on the other side of the relay. It's part of a horrible Lucas/LR bodge to turn off the TACH signal on over-run, the relay is switched by a vacuum switch teed into the fuel pressure regulator on the back of the plenum. The relay lives on/near the shock turret along with the injector resistor pack.

The whole lot can be happily removed and wired through as normal, although it may harm your MPG slightly.

Gent's still trying to get this bloody thing running, I've now got a lovely spark thanks to the above.

Truck wouldn't start and I can't smell petrol even though the pumps running so I checked continuity between pins 2 & 12 and 2 & 13 to check the injectors and was getting infinity, this appears to be due to no connection between pins 87 & 87A on the injector relay.

Can you tell me if the link is supposed to be inside the relay or in the relay connector ? :huh: