Beadlocks?

Warthog

So, given we can choose both rim width and backspace when buying a Staz (or I guess the new Mach5's), what is the preffered options for the more common 35x10.5r16 Simex?

I ask coz I now find I'm running (or about to) a mix of 7x16s with 3 3/4" and 4 1/4" back spacing and if I did fid the money to buy a set of Staz to rationalise things I'd like to get it sort of right first time.

So, given we can choose both rim width and backspace when buying a Staz (or I guess the new Mach5's), what is the preffered options for the more common 35x10.5r16 Simex?

I ask coz I now find I'm running (or about to) a mix of 7x16s with 3 3/4" and 4 1/4" back spacing and if I did fid the money to buy a set of Staz to rationalise things I'd like to get it sort of right first time.

I'd say 4 inch backspace is about right

Thinking hard re this thread :) ....

Nige

High Impact are doing internal alloy double beadies

HERE

but by the look of them and the sizes they are available in Im guessing they are Rockmonsters from Hutchinson

These wheels are made by Allied racing wheels in the USA. It's one big company with several names. Talked to the boss time ago and that's what he told me. They have several sales points al over the States.

Thought that one of the Ibex boys have bought of him. Neil Redpath is the name. He sells some models,but not double beadlocks

These wheels are made by Allied racing wheels in the USA. It's one big company with several names. Talked to the boss time ago and that's what he told me. They have several sales points al over the States.

Thought that one of the Ibex boys have bought of him. Neil Redpath is the name. He sells some models,but not double beadlocks

I think I was being blind Rob, Ive just re-read it - they are rockmonsters

"So, you say they are top quality?

They are designed and manufactured by Hutchinson Wheel.. These are the first wheels Hutchinson has built for the recreational 4WD crowd. They are more accustomed to satisfying their military customers such as the US Army. We figure they can do the job."

quote from thier website, nice gear but limited on choice of sizes :(

Have you had any dealings with weld wheels? I gave up trying to get through thier robo-phone system in the end :(

I think I was being blind Rob, Ive just re-read it - they are rockmonsters

"So, you say they are top quality?

They are designed and manufactured by Hutchinson Wheel.. These are the first wheels Hutchinson has built for the recreational 4WD crowd. They are more accustomed to satisfying their military customers such as the US Army. We figure they can do the job."

quote from thier website, nice gear but limited on choice of sizes :(

Have you had any dealings with weld wheels? I gave up trying to get through thier robo-phone system in the end :(

Hi Dolly,

It's a pretty misty world these beadlocks in the States. The general director of Allied racing wheels is Greg Mulky and he's a very plesant man to talk to. And the contact came on very strange way because normally you never wil have the change to talk with him.

Greg has bin involved in many rim companys in the States and he is a very wel experenced man in the rim world. Think he's also the general president of the US rim association. I looked that up on the internet and found several articles about him.

Anyway i was asking for info on the Aluminium Monster wheels and there our story started. These people where looking for someone big to sell a few containers to Europe and if i could help them out. I certainley couldn't pull this of so i gave hime a few contacts in the UK and he took it from there.

he offerd me some of these Monster wheels because of my help and i revused them. On that time i was already going for Stazworks rims. Even Mulky really wanted me to drive his wheels as sort of a mobile billbord i didn't accept the offer. Funny thing is that after that our contact only became much much better.

I have seen his rims and they look good but and that's a pretty big but their quality isn't really what you would like. The ones i have seen had a black paint on them,powdercoat it was. But the rims where original chrome. Don't have to explain to you what happens if you powdercoat chrome without any thing else. So al the paint came of very quickly. Just a stone is enough. And we hit some of them at least i do.

The other thing with these rims was that some simply didn't liked them at al. Uk people who bought them,because there clamping force wasn't enough. The person who told me is very experienced driver and isn't telling any bull. He only told me and have never seen his opinion on any forum site. He thought they where carp specially when you use them hard.

Weld wheels my opinion? I have welded several sets my self without any problems.But al one side clamping,pretty straight forwardjob really nothing difficult. At least i didn't had any problems with them. Al my rings where lasercut. line them out on top of the rim and welding.

Sended a complete set to the UK and this guy brought the rims with my rings to the proffesionell welding shop. The fubard his complete set of wheels. In the speed range from 55 til 85 km/hour you couldn't drive the car because of extrem vibrations in the steering. So for the "proffesionels"it was to difficult.

The double a never did for more then 1 reason. The pressed center as Stazwork uses is impossible for me to do. He's using a 500tons press to make them. Then the other thing is they are buying there rim parts over there. It's little difficult to discribe but the whole rim is made out of peaces. Ring center etc.

And last thing what is the most important for that kind of money i can't make them at al. As i wrote you before he has made me my rims how i wanted them. Special steel special inner poly ring. The normally pressent bead ring what's on every rim on the inside taken off. Special when you are using double beadlocks you don't want that beadlock device on your rim. because when you want to seperate the two parts of the rim then that should go fast and easy and not that the bead is getting stuck on the internal bead holder ring what's pressed into every rim.

As for Hutchinson they didn't wanted to do anything for me.But that's now almost 2 years ago and since then i never spoke with them anymore. Many of the US rim shops are just interrested in your money and they haven't any idea where you are talking about. I had some who had not a clou what a double beadlock was even it was on their website. Stazwork was totally different but he's just a very small player on a hughe market inthe US. But everybody i talked with in the rokcrawler scene said that Stazworks where the rims to go for. And that's what i did and didn't regrett it one moment. Only once when they had lost my pallet with rims in the London Harbour and afterwards i had to pay extra because of storage costs.

So Jez to get back to your question are they top quality? Stazworks are for sure but the ones i have seen from Allied racing wheels where certainley not.And in US magazines the Rock-a thon is a very good rim. Maybe it is a s you don't care that paint falls of etc or maybe because these where going to Europe the quallity was different,don't know. I wouldn't buy them my self.

Hope this helps

Rob - Ive always been a fan of Johns work so good to hear you have the same opinion - I wondered if you had bumped into these guys Weld Wheel Inc - the fun and games of Dutch/English ;) I think we come over soon to see Leo (we've run out of Stroopwafel :o ) - maybe we can hook up for a beer or two?

Don't know them never heard of them eather. first impression is that they are building race parts,and then realising that you can make money with beadlocks.

Thought i would see you in Scotland,AFC!! Have seen your name on some entry list on the web,but when you are at leo's let me know. Jezus al the English speaken people i know are cracy about "stroopwafels".

Had somebody over from the States,he took a complete suitcase full of them :lol::lol::lol:

You heard something about a complete new hydr.winch what comes on the market in the UK??

You heard something about a complete new hydr.winch what comes on the market in the UK??

I hear rumours of two springing up in the UK, next year should be interesting <_< and I wish them well

I cant do AFC, just too poor at the moment, the team has given me my orders as to what needs to be built for next year and to me that takes priority over everything else, when are you heading of to Sweden?

Don't know them never heard of them eather. first impression is that they are building race parts,and then realising that you can make money with beadlocks.

Thought i would see you in Scotland,AFC!! Have seen your name on some entry list on the web,but when you are at leo's let me know. Jezus al the English speaken people i know are cracy about "stroopwafels".

Had somebody over from the States,he took a complete suitcase full of them :lol::lol::lol:

Rob, I do miss my stroopwafels, but not much else from holland. Hope to meet you on the AFC, I have entered the event as well. I got a set of second hand second airs, But I dont think I will have them fitted before the AFC. Interested to see how they will work, having heard mixed opinions of these.

Tot ziens,

Daan

Rob, I do miss my stroopwafels, but not much else from holland. Hope to meet you on the AFC, I have entered the event as well. I got a set of second hand second airs, But I dont think I will have them fitted before the AFC. Interested to see how they will work, having heard mixed opinions of these.

Tot ziens,

Daan

Wel daan could bring you some since i am coming from the wooden shoe country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear rumours of two springing up in the UK, next year should be interesting <_< and I wish them well

I cant do AFC, just too poor at the moment, the team has given me my orders as to what needs to be built for next year and to me that takes priority over everything else, when are you heading of to Sweden?

I heard the hydr.winch rumour even here in Holland. Should be a very wel know company who puts it on the market. But don't know who it is. Just rumours really.

Yes house is sold. People who bought wanna sell there's first. Then i am of to Sweden and maybe i wil miss these bloody "stroopwafels"my self. But it wil not be easy to get my Def on Swedish plates.

Dolly what are you up to with your new build truck or is it al secret????????????