Harman Kardon system

kriswithak

Hi all.

Picked up a 2005 HSE Freelander TD4 last week and am really impressed. It's a total change for me having come from a Focus ST3...

Anyway, to the point. The only thing I am not so hot on is the head unit. It has the Becker Sat Nav, which is very dated and unnecessary to me, connected to the Harman Kardon system. I want to replace the head unit with a Sony DSX-S300BTX.

I cannot find anything concrete on whether this is possible. I have seen some info which suggests it is a straight swap, some saying the Amp causes problems. I have emailed various companies that provide harness adapters with no reply.

Please help!

Many thanks.

I have had a look at that, many thanks FF. However all I can seem to get is a lineart drawing of an older radio/cassette and some dodgy cyrillic lettering which seems to take me to a site to buy parts. I guess I am hoping that someone else out there has found themselves in a similar position and replaced the poor satnav.

I have had a look at that, many thanks FF. However all I can seem to get is a lineart drawing of an older radio/cassette and some dodgy cyrillic lettering which seems to take me to a site to buy parts. I guess I am hoping that someone else out there has found themselves in a similar position and replaced the poor satnav.

Iam getting a freelander on saturday and i got a phone call to day from the garage to say that the sat nav is not very clear and they would put a new aftermarket cd/radio in, i will lose the sat nav and the cd multi changer ,well the sat nav was never that good and i have a tomtom but they said that the cd multi changer will not work never mind hay, i get a new head unit let u know how it goes...

Hi sorry about the delay yes i did pick up the freelander on saterday firstly thinking that i wasant going to get the original head unit when i got there they said that the lines on the front of the head unit had just about gone and when the fitter put it back in all seemed ok so we come to an agreement that we would leave the original in however if there are any problems in the time of the warranty then they said that they would willingly change it for anew one this would mean losing the satnav (its not really a sat nav not like a tom tom) and the cd multi changer, at the moment the cd and radio and cd changer are working fine the karmon hardom speakers are great. Oh by the way we did find brand new cd/radio on a certain aution site not cheap but it is the real deal,also found a site that claim to be able to set up real satnav in to the freelanders ill check to find out what there name is oh and the freelaner is superp 8 years old 40000 mls only imaculate condition and we love it....good luck

• 7 years later...