central locking

phil37

Hi all i am trying to wire up the central locking on my defender doors i have, The doors am off a td5,I am currently using a td5 bulkhead and loom. I want to convert the loom to run my 300tdi engine.Question is i have got 4 wire on the o/s door they are orange. yellow. yellow and pink and black from the looks of things they all went to the arlam box which i have taken off and put a after market on but i still want to use the central locking but i cannot find any pin out diagrams fot the alarm box ecu.

Can anyone help

Phil

if you want to reply direct due to it being a secrity issue my email is philgreen37@hotmail.com

• Like 1

He'll need the 2002-on wiring diagrams, since central locking wasn't introduced on Defender until then. They are in the RAVE CD.

The wiring for the central locking is pink and orange. Two wires per motor, except for the driver's door which has two extra wires (a yellow/pink and a black). Here's the basic system:

post-10578-0-11528400-1315681004_thumb.jpg

So, on plug C0057 (the green one that went into the alarm ECU) pin 3 should have a pink wire, which feeds one side of all the motors, and pin 2 should have an orange wire, which feeds the other sides. The ECU switches these wires at 12V/0V in order to reverse the operation of the motors (solenoids). The extra yellow/pink wire on the driver's side motor goes to pin 7 of the other plug on the ECU, though you may choose to omit this from an aftermarket system. The extra black wire goes to earth.

Here is the pinout for the C0057 connector on the ECU, showing which pin is which:

post-10578-0-76568100-1315681289_thumb.jpg