Newbie to megasquirt, thankyous and problems!

rusty_wingnut

Loving it, ha ha. :hysterical:

Shouldnt laugh really, im thinking of a megasquirt installation myself. The more i read, the more i ger confused. This just tickled me. Hats off to all on here, you must know your onions.

Very Confusing I am sure, I must alter the Build instructions - and add "

Technical Tip No 1 : Connect ALL The F wires - for a smoother running engine :P "

:rofl:

Nige

:D

Well deserved chap :lol:

Seriously well done, its often the easy things that can trip you up, and its very very difficult

to spot your own mistakes. With all 8 firing should feel a tad quicker too :D

Make sure you have not left something you tweaked in desperation which is wrong, and its back to the MOT

testers with the same tweaks maybe needed as before but with all 8 working should be a better result !

Consider the 2 x plugs of the ones not firing as highly suspect life wise, best change them, as fouled plugs

die vvv fast

We all await the next installment, bet you are grinning now :D

Nige

One other tip to listen for an injector opening is the old trick of using a long screw driver and placing it against your ear, and the tip of it against the suspect injector, you should hear a very clear clack-clack from the open/close, much louder than you think TBH.

Used to use it for finding the loose tappet on my Fiesta 957cc first car :)