The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272191707345

Just "a couple of weekends to finish" :rofl: ... shame as there's some nice bits on it but can't help but feel the back half is made out of that stuff they make estate-agents signs from :ph34r:

More like a "a couple of weekends" per month for a year or two. The fibreglass will resonate like nowt on earth when driving...

I've seen that. It has great potential but needs a lot of finishing. I think the owner bit off more than he could chew and has now realised.

Mike

I agree completely!

Thats a lot of money for what it really is and realistically how much needs done!

I agree completely!

Thats a lot of money for what it really is and realistically how much needs done!

Does it come with a jig saw to get in?

And what is a Red Cross member? If the chassis has been Professionally extended surely IVA tine?

Like all half finished projects it could end up more steps backwards first, it looks reasonable but then I know nothing about camper bodies.

But Ross you are being so sceptical, it's obvious you could simply convert a 1958 series 1 a single part at a time into a '90. I mean everything is so interchangeable on a Land Rover, there's bound to be no problem at all putting a different length chassis on your series 1 ..... or perhaps they changed the bodywork first, because that should fit on a series chassis :P

Yeh once he realised the replacement chassis didn't fit his original vehicle he bought the other parts one by one!

Wonder if he even bothered to tack the old chassis number on to it and grind the real one off?

Strikes me that doesn't look like a 130? Bit short? and then he says 15" have been added between the wheels.... making it 145, strikes me that this can't be right, perhaps he bought it from someone else...

If it has been extended then yes, it is IVA time, probably also something he has realised and hence selling.

Strikes me that doesn't look like a 130? Bit short? and then he says 15" have been added between the wheels.... making it 145, strikes me that this can't be right, perhaps he bought it from someone else...

If it has been extended then yes, it is IVA time, probably also something he has realised and hence selling.

Extended or not it looks to be the same length as the M5 parked next to it ..... :-/

PMSL

Want a laugh?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NO-RESERVE-Modified-SWB-defender-hybrid-galv-chassis-tax-exempt-/272223763471?

My favourite quote?

"So one important point to this land rover does not need points to retain it been tax exempt. This ruling became law in 1998 check the government website this would be classed as a hybrid as all modifications were done before this period"

Someone really doesn't understand the rules!

Amazing how the initial look makes it look like quite a shiney..... but as you look closer it starts to go a bit pear shaped.

The level of disappointment upon opening the door is only matched by the confusion caused when you try to open the bulkhead flaps or unbolt the tow bar from the galvanised chassis.

• Like 1