The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2016 at 2:12 PM, missingsid said:

Not gone throught the whole thread any more so appologies if it is already on here, but another ebay Classic Land Rover?

Id love to know how you manage to get away with driving an mot exempt vehicle ??

49 minutes ago, GW8IZR said:

'currently the interior is removed to allow fitting a new floor... possible jobs needed completely new suspension and a battery'

I suspect a battery would be the least of the problems :-)

hey its got cruise control .........

• Like 1

Built in 1994

Took 2 years to build

Current owner bought in 1997.

So the builder was too embarrassed after the first MOT to take it to another.

Not used since 2001

So the current owner only managed 4 years before being too embarrassed to use it. 

I guess the sticker on the door says it all.... 'UgliTruck'Screen Shot 2016-10-22 at 18.38.49.jpg

• 3 months later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-90-A90NVU-008-OF-THE-PRODUCTION-LINE-/311796104752?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

£5k+ for a completely fubar 90 just because it was 008 off the production line.... so not only do you get a rust bucket, but you get one without any of the small tweeks that actually improved the thing. I find this kind of stuff a bit odd.

I would like the truck as its an early example and I do enjoy the no faff factor of them, but selling it for an uber inflated amount as it wan n+1 vehicle off the production line kinda makes me grumpy... 

• 3 weeks later...

"A term used to describe that one little room (or garage) that the man of the household is given permission by his wife or girlfriend to furnish how he wants and do whatever he wants in it. It should be noted that the word 'man' is used very loosely when referring to a man cave. A real man doesn't allow himself to be shoved into one corner of his own house.

So, you’ve lost your way and she’s taken over the whole house? Kids running riot? Nowhere left to escape to? Have no fear, I can help. This is the perfect little hideaway for you to decorate how you want and have no interference from your wife/girlfriend/mummy. The extra benefit of this is that it’s painted in a camouflage design on the outside, so she won’t even be able to see it in the first place to try and have some input about how and what you decorate it with, just sit it in your garden and you’re good to go.

With ample room inside for a table, a few chairs, a nice big TV and a fridge for all your manly beverages, it’s the most ideal place to escape the daily problems of modern day life and just relax. Invite some mates over and enjoy the big game.

It’s also the perfect place to just have some quiet time, just shut the door and enjoy the peace. The perfect excuse to start that hobby you’ve always wanted to do."

By eBay standards the copy is great, too. 

1 hour ago, Peaklander said:

Ha I like that especially the detail in the item description!

Curious though Bowie69, which search term did you use? MAN CAVE SHED HIDEAWAY or ESCAPE or indeed combinations of them??

It popped up in my feed, probably because I have been looking at prefab buildings recently :)