Clutch problem please help

lankyadz

hi all, i havea problem that hopefully someone can help with, my wife was driving our disco 300 tdi home last week when the clutch pedal sank to the floor and the clutch was inoperable. i managed to drive it home timing the gear changes with the engine note. at first i suspected the master or slave cylinder so i changed them both. bled the system and the pedal went stiff, i gave the pedal some force and the damper popped!!!

on reading this forum i suspected that the problem could be the clutch fork, i proceeded to remove the gearbox and sure enough the clutch fork had gone, i thought while i have the gearbox off i would be wise to replace the clutch plate, thrust bearing and pressure plate. today i have done exactly that aswell as a new damper. Again after fitting all this and putting the car back together i proceeded to bleed the clutch. the pedal finally had some resistance so i pressed a little harder and the damper has popped again.

I am now completely baffled, i need your help people as i cant afford for a garage to do the job. PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi again. Upto now I have replaced the cheapie slave cylinder with a Lockheed one bypassing the damper and pressure bled the system with a gunison eezibleed and noticed a leak at the master cylinder which I bought from paddock spares. I attempted to change it and I've lost the Clovis pin for the clutch pedal. Does anyone know where I can buy one??? I'm getting really frustrated now and getting very close to phoning the scrap man lol.

UPDATE!! I've done it!! Decided this morning to strip everything back down and start again from scratch. I took of the props and exhaust and hanger. Unbolted the slave. Removed the gearbox mounts and removed the gear box. Then I saw my mistake. The pivot pin for the new reinforced fork wasn't in its hole. It must have fell out when jiggling the gearbox back on the engine. While laying under the car I found the clevis pin. I've put it all back together as far as bolting the gearbox back in and the mounts on. No exhaust or props on as yet as I run out of light. I fired it up and tried the clutch ............ It now goes through all the gears smoother than ever. Talk about relief. Thanks for all your help guys.