90 - Front door opening size ?

Hi Guys,

anyone got the proper width opening measurement ?

Finally about to put the body on to the chassis.

So whats the best way to allign everything, start at the rear tub rear mountings and go forward and then adjust the bulkead with washers if required to get the correct opening ??

I would measure the doors but I aint got any :lol:

Ta !

Regards

Les

You need to get some doors really. Land Rovers being how they are I wouldn't like to assume that two sets of doors would be exactly the same width. A few mm longer or shorter and it'll mess up your door gap.

Methodology as posted above, though if you're lucky enough to have the Td5 adjustable rear tub mounting rail that can make alignment a lot easier as you've got more adjustment at the back without using a load of shims.

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the replies, I was only after a "guage" measurement to give me somewhere to start the process from...

880mm it is then (to start) :D

Really looking forward to trying to get it all straight :(

Regards

Les

I need to sort Kettle out, it appears the O/S of the new tub is about 12mm longer than the N/S. The old N/S door fits no problem, the replacement O/S door is nowhere near fitting, its currently got 3 M12 washers pushing the bulkhead forward of its outrigger and still needs more, and the top really needs pulling forward so that the roll on the door lines up at the back. I've got no shims on the mount tabs.

Did this yesterday Les. My doors (early 110 lift up handles) measure 865mm and I set the gaps to 875. Trial fitting the doors gave a nice 5mm gap parallel all round. 880 will only increase gap by a couple of mms all round and will give a bit more tolerance so would be a good start point. You won't be changing it once you start bolting other stuff on!