X-Eng Pedal Box Lock - Naming Competition!

simonr

Some great suggestions there! I'll draw up a short list of my favourites and add a poll to decide a winner!

I had a look at a Disco today - it it looks possible to make similar. I have no doubt that a Series version would be straightforward too.

Today I talked to a company who say they can roll the hinges into the edge of the plates directly rather than welding on separate hinges. I think this makes the whole thing a lot more secure - and more aesthetic too.

Margaret, I didn't think Mike sounded very enthusiastic about it - so he might take a bit of 'persuading'!

Mikey - although using it in conjunction with a Clutch Claw or similar would certainly increase the layers - the advantage of this are safety & storage. If you have to carry another one, you loose most of the reason for having one in the first place? Also, if they have the tools to remove mine, the same tools will probably remove a different one. I would go for another completely different product requiring a different set of tools to remove. Keep going like that and soon they need a Land Rover to carry the tools alone! ;)

Si

Please, please Sir, I want one soon!

X - Clude

X - Terminate

How about X-Terminate Feet for the pedal locker, X-Terminate Gears for the gear lever lock and X-Terminate Goo for the lockable valve?

My son is a Dr Who fan, can you tell?

I have the really thick moulded acoustic mats in my 110, can I glue the mat on top of the pedal box locker? (Cutting it will be an absolute XXXX, but needs must. I have spent the equivalent of a new Fiat 500 rebuilding my 110, so I would be devastated if some toad stole it).

I have the really thick moulded acoustic mats in my 110, can I glue the mat on top of the pedal box locker? (Cutting it will be an absolute XXXX, but needs must. I have spent the equivalent of a new Fiat 500 rebuilding my 110, so I would be devastated if some toad stole it).

I too had one of the single piece moulded acoustic mats that covers the whole floor, footwells and transmission tunnel. Now, it's two piece!

The piece which covers the floor, I cut in line with the A post pillar. It will sit on top of the pedal box lock - though it locks more tightly if you whip it off before locking.

I figured keeping the 110 was more important than the matting! Like you, i'd be quite unhappy if it vanished! Seeing how many have been stolen locally this year has made me a bit more paranoid.

Whatever type of floor mat you have, I would just cut it in half. Possibly stick (bolt?) one half to the flap and leave the other bit in the foot well. After all, the mat is going to be cheaper than the increase in insurance premium, let alone the whole vehicle!

Si

My suggestion for the pedal lock is -

X-Cell

as your pedals are locked-up secure and it excells at the job of doing it.

But this name doesn't really allow for expansion of the product range.

I like X-Safe and X-Defend but a few more to add to the mix (might have been done before, apologies if so):

X-Fortify

X-Guard

X-Repel

X-Save

X-Shield

X-Resist

X-Watch (as in, to watch over)

X-Secure

Whichever you end up with I think it's best to go with X-(name): pedal/ignition/gearstick

Keeps it simple and clear.

Another well thought out bit of kit Si -

Not very pc or saleable but what about

"The bo LOX" range.

It could be adj to cover all variants ?

Gear loX

Pedal loX

Brake loX

The list could be endless !

The X-Deflects range

X-Deflects pedal lock

X-Deflects transmission lock

X-Deflects ecu guard

X-Deflects ignition shield

X-Deflects because the crims are delflected elsewhere

Bugger, that's a bit too close to an existing product of yours Si, sounds too much like your X-Deflex anti roll bar :(