Our project

mmgemini

The Led only comes on when switched on, or if you dont want it ,dont connect it

Hmmm We both need to look further down the page. LOL

There at the bottom of the switch info is 53151 no LED...Now also on page 53 are some push-on push-ff switched same fitting. ref. 69051 I wonder what they'll be like.

Have you used either of these ?

What is also good about either is they have the smaller Lucar connectors as the switches are for LED's that's even better.

• 3 weeks later...

Well IGNITION...We now have a fully welded trailer chassis.

img04831.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I didn't expect that to happen today. Ian was supposed to be working today. Got stood down at 8.30 so sent me a text. The weather played fine for us.

Only glitch was I ran out of paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that there's been a fow hours without rain we've made more progress

img04941.jpg

Hitch fitted and brake cables in place, I've got to tie them up somehow. I'll work on that later.

img04951r.jpg

Chassis from the rear

img04971m.jpg

Bed frame/ base. To be filled with Celotex and covered in alli

img04981l.jpg

Front part of floor and part of steps fitted

img05001d.jpg

A view of the step, hopefully door frames partially fitted tomorrow

You will see the chassis has moved !!

The bed frame is on the chassis but not tied down yet as most of these have to come back off.

img05021f.jpg

I've spent the last couple of days looking/ seeing where things sould be fitted.

The spare is mounted over the axle to the rear. Access to the spare from inside so I don't have to lift it, pull out and roll down the steps.

img05031.jpg

View at the rear.Batteries to be very low, just under the spare wheel. I'll most likely fit the batteries nearer to the left

Now there's quite a lot of you reading this thread. Why so few comments.

looking good, battery cable run might be a bit long, wouldn't they be better at the front either over the drawbar or on one side [opposite] the step for example,

locating the spare wheel lower down would keep the C OF G lower too, & stowed from the rear outside, no need to take a dirty/wet spare into the clean living/sleeping areas.

Not enough room for the spare lower down Ralph. I did think about that. Incidently the batteries and the spare weigh nearly the same If I did put the spare outside. It would be a lot higher than it is now. There's no living area. It's just for sleeping in,

There's already too much weight at the front.

I don't think the cable run will be a problem. There's no power as such being used apart from the fridge. I will be using a DC to DC charger with LED lighting.

Mainly because there isn't room at the front. The other thing. Noseweight. So far things are working out.

I've just measured what could be the cable run. Eight foot to the fridge. If necessary I could run a dedicated cable to the fridge.

If you look at the Echo, Conqueror, Jurgens and Bush Lapa vans you will see they all have the spare wheel hanging off the back panel all quite high up. In some cases the spare wheels have been lost. LOL I wanted to get away from that set-up. Nor can I lift or get a spare down from that position.

Mike,

As for no comments, it's difficult at this stage to comment as there are no plans posted up so it's difficult to see what you are trying to achieve, and where the bits you have made fit in. Apart from 'looking good' it's difficult to add anything.

My comment would be similar to Ralph's as to position of the spare I.e. can you get to it easily from outside? as you know I mounted mine on the outside it does not add that much weight or alter the COG too much and gives me a lot if internal space that can be filled with stuff that should be kept inside.

Jason.

Jason

There's nothing to be kept inside......Apart from clothes. Besides I don't want to be lifting a wheel down from a height....No I lookes at putting it further back over the batteries but on trying it was too difficult to get it out from where it was.

I'm ordering more alli tomorrow. More to measure cut and bend....I might even get the floor finished, turned over and painted this week....

Had to buy a new chop saw this week....Went for an Evolution. It's smaller and easier to use than the other one.

Thursday saw another delivery of alli sheet and hollow section.

Yesterday we marked and cut the alli sheet to size.

Today meant more marking out and then some bending to shape.

img05041.jpg

Tail light board. I couldn't resist fitting the lights to see what it looked like

img05051x.jpg

The two panels that will go behind the wheels. There's another bend yet but I have to work that out.

img05061b.jpg

Another shot of the body panels, this time with the RH side light panel.

Mike will the light panels be protected by a frame? otherwise you may find that they are in the danger zone of dropping onto something and getting damaged when you are off road, I found this with my number plate which was not protected and had to move it.

Jason.

Yep there's a frame to go inside them that will hold the doors. That's the next job.

Monday I have to take the floor panels to be bent as I can't bend 3mm alli myself. Actually I can't bend 2mm either now. Then I can set about bending the rrams and other bits to suit at the back, It's to the point where I need to make this bit before I can make that bit but this bit has to be made first. LOL

The hollow section you see beneath the light panel is to be shortened in front of the light panel.

I'll see if I can get a side on pic tomorrow with a temporary wood frame in place.

I haven't seen that one. I can read that later as the rain stops work. Must be nice to have rollers to roll the alli. I use a former of some sort.

I got one small piece bent yesterday due to the weather. Hopefully a better day today.

• 1 month later...

Mike,

I have just returned from Holiday and expected to see this finished, ^_^ have you seen the video of his parents trailer Soren posted on my trailer thread?

Jason.

• 2 weeks later...

img05081d.jpg

Bed frame back in place. Took some lining up I can tell you. All the floor except the battery space is done. The frame comes off again today to fit the alli sheet that holds the insulation in place.

img05081d.jpg

Rear side view shewing the locker door frame clamped in place. I can't fit the frame until I make the door. I'll use the frame aas a templte