Discovery 1 V8 Dicky/boot seat removal

barriesheene

A quick how to on how to remove the rear dickie/boot seats from my Discovery1 V8 :D

You will need :-

Mid sized philips screw driver

T27 torx key

Panel clip remover tool if you have one. ( Pliers if not )

1) Remove the rear speaker. x4 philips screws

DSCF5366.jpg

2) Remove the speaker panel. This pulls out at the top, then up to remove from lower panel.

3) Remove the boot interior light by pulling out from the panel and disconnect the 2 wires.

4) Remove the boot blind holder by removing x2 philips screws

DSCF5361.jpg

5) Remove parcel shelf bracket x2 philips screws

DSCF5367.jpg

6) Remove the top x2 torx screws from seat frame. This allows the seat back to swing forward.

DSCF5357.jpg

7) Remove the x4 Torx bolts holding the bottom of the seat frame to the car. Remove the x2 outer bolts first. These are the harder to get at and leaving the inner bolts in place helps to hold the frame.

DSCF5358.jpg

You should be left with this. ( Please note that the brackets are still on in this pic. This is because I've rearranged this "how to" so that you can remove the parts in the correct order. Not like I did :) . )

DSCF5360.jpg

On this last bit it is important NOT to lose the plot and end up punching yourself in the face or damaging the panel like I did :angry: . The clips can be very stubborn to come out. On the second side I found it easier to remove from the front of the panel towards the rear. Try to get the first clip out slightly then remove it all the way using a pair of pliers. I used snips but pointy nose pliers would be best. Try not to damage the clips with the pliers so you can re-use them. The seat belts will just pass through the holes in the panel.

You should then have this.

DSCF5363.jpg

But hopefully NOT this :(

DSCF5365.jpg

This is my first "how to" so apologies for anything I've missed. HTH>

• Thanks 1

Temp repair to get me to a christening on the weekend :ph34r: . Roses tin lid, black silicone and some rivets. Looks better in the flesh honest :D

DSCF5372.jpg

Good 'in the field repair' and ready made template for the required patch when you come to weld it ^_^

That's funny! I was away last week, and the Mrs managed to burn something in a saucepan that she then promptly placed on top of our wheelie bin outside. Needless to say, the pan and bin became one. My fix for the hole was the same as yours! A Roses tin lid and some rivets!! :)

• 4 years later...