Crapiron rearcorner

Morning all !

When Scorpion racing where called Scorpion racing they made/sold som protection brackets for til lower rear corner of the outer tub.

These where placed from the rear crossmember and towards the wheel, belive you had to trim the panels to make them fit.

Now, does anybody sell these today ?

I have tried extreme 4X4 with no luck.

Cheers

Morten

Morning all !

When Scorpion racing where called Scorpion racing they made/sold som protection brackets for til lower rear corner of the outer tub.

These where placed from the rear crossmember and towards the wheel, belive you had to trim the panels to make them fit.

Now, does anybody sell these today ?

I have tried extreme 4X4 with no luck.

Cheers

Morten

Extreme still sell them -

http://www.extreme4x...MPER_STEPS.html

defrcbump.jpg

I believe that they're actually made by Safari-Equip -

http://www.safari-eq...ndex.php?page=5

defender-sel16.jpg

The Extreme ones won't be made by Safari Equip, they'll likely be knock off copies.

As for me, I wouldn't buy anything from Scrapiron or its subsequent incarnations, just on principle.

Hopefully there will be other sources of the product you are after.

I think Extreme should be OK now.

Colin (Colon) Aldred (who used to own Scrapiron) has been sacked by Durite who own Extreme4x4. Apparently he was up to his old tricks.

:hysterical:

The Cor4 stuff from LRS is very nicely designed & made. Looking at some of the cutting & forming of some of the bits - the prices are actually realistic. However, compared to less aesthetic solutions, they are a little pricy! Still, there must be a market for them even at that price.

Si

I must admit to having bought an Equipe tank guard for a 110 and, well it was just too nicely made to use...... The quality is phenomenal, but then again so are the prices.

My old 300tdi disco had a tank guard, diff guards and a steering guard from Equipe, they were lovely bits of kit! Wish I had kept them when I sold the vehicle :(