Help to megasquirting my 90 4.6l froggy

ANTOINE

Hi all,

to begin, I am french, and i don't speak very well english, and if you use technical words , abbreviation and joke word, I don't understand, (you can laught at me, so)

but the week i have my christmass present, and i will need some help, because i have a lot of question,

img_1513.jpg

1 For , sam i have now the same kit , as you, but without relais card, and i would like to know where do you pick the "MAP Hose – from ECU to Engine 5 Metres" on your engine, if you can made me a good pick, thanks

for the moment i read, again and again Nigel's explication, and i am very bad in english

2 Nigel, if i good understand the wiring,

i can use 32 for 2 injecteurs only, 33 for 2 to, and the same thing for 34 and 35 ? OR I must put 32 and 33 together and 34 /35 also ?

3 where do youthink i must put my ecu in my 90 ?on the roof or behind the seat ? or another place?

4 where is the better place for edis module ? and i must put it in a box waterproof also

i have very very questions, sorry,

and when i will finish to read for the 1000ème time my cd, i think begin

also a big thanks to Nigel for his patience, and later your,

HIAaaaaaaaaaa (soon)

Bonjour Antoine,

Tu untilise quel MS? (1, 2?) et quel soft (standard, SnS, etc)?

Je vais chercher mes infos que j'ai fait pour ma installation.

EDIS module c'est deja etanche.

J'ai fait une boitier au 'bulkhead' avec tous les connections et solenoids.

Voir le photo. Le EDIS en haut, le boite connexions noir a gauche. les 'coil packs' au derriere moteur. j'ai coupe le 'distributor'.

Le ECU j'ai met sous le 'cubby box' entre les sieges avant.

IMG_0069Medium.jpg?psid=1

Hi Hoss, thanks for your answer, I see your edis module, and I have listen the modul can be warm and we must put it near air for freeze it, no ?

i have see to, you have a fuel regulator, this is just because thor fuel rail have not and you put it with a standar fuel pump ? so you have modified rail fuel to have a issu ? you have 2.5 bar to in rail, or more, just for info

The EDIS is bolted to an aluminum plate, i think the cooling is fine.

I changed the in-tank fuel pump for the high-pressure type, then added the pressure regulator that you see, set to 2 bar IIRC.

Fuel rail is the standard Thor unit.

I would not worry about the heat from the EDIS, it's not a Pentium :P

Ref the fuel rail / pressure - standard configuration is fine, you do not need to change it.

ECU position is personal choice - put it where it is safest from water & impacts and the wiring is easy to make neat & tidy. This will be different for everyone. My ECU+EDIS are on the ceiling of my car.

i can use 32 for 2 injecteurs only, 33 for 2 to, and the same thing for 34 and 35 ? OR I must put 32 and 33 together and 34 /35 also ?

I think you are asking if you must join pin 32+33 together, and pin 34+35 together. This is not necessary, the pins are joined on the circuit board. The order of wiring for injectors is not very important for the RV8, it will run however you put them!

ok thank for this answer, i will put as the wiring my injectors, i don't see very well the wiring and i would be sure,

I keep my regulator to, this is just for my personnal curiosity i have ask how the return was do on the engine's hoss ; )

for the ECU i think put it on my roof to, and the edis, i don't know yet, because I think i have read edis ecu more near jumo was better ? yes/no ?

again, where MAP hose do you start on the engine ??

also, for the moment I have building an another engine in my garage, and when it will be finish, I will put it on my living room, like this i could do my wiring in my house near my wood stove ; )

tommorown I wash it for my wife don't cry when I will tell her , "I put this in the house, this is the winter, my dear, I have cold in the garage"

img_1514.jpg

Righty Ho Squirters

This is going into the new 50+ Page install manual, as it is often a area that people get wrong

The ECU needs a MAP (tube) connection so that the internal MAP Sensor that read KPa knows how hard down your foot is (or is not) so that it runs

the vacumn advance.

The Old Distrubutor took its "Power" from a barb just above the butterfly entery to the plenum

post-22-0-35041100-1355224716_thumb.jpg

This is absolutely the wrong place to take the new feed from for Megasquirt.

This barb should be cut off and sealed with 2 pack araldite or similar so solidily blocked off. Now look at the back

of the Plenum unit, here you will see a oddly shaped Triangular Ali unit with a 90 degree Hose coming off it and going to the

Butterfly area, look just below this hose outlet and you will see a small pipe

This pipe is normally connected with a short length of vacumn hose to the back of the fuel rail PRV ( Pressure Relief Valve )

Here are 2 x photos of the item in question, the blue hose is there to help "Show Up" what is being looked form, the

2nd picture is with the blue hose removed where you can see both pipe clearly

post-22-0-59241300-1355224967_thumb.jpg post-22-0-81695700-1355224984_thumb.jpg

(Note: The stepper unit at the top Right hand side) has also been removed and the steeper bung for the PWM Kit Installed in its place)

To fit the Vacumn hose, cut the (in the picture) Blue pipe and insert the supplied "T" Piece,

post-22-0-69840400-1355225126_thumb.jpg into the 2 x ends of the existing tube, reconnect to the 2 x outlet and then join the new supplied Tube to the ECU > T piece

Nige

yeah, ok, so I think i will put it like Mr freeze, because my new plenium is not finish, and I have no more the tube for distributor,

the principal, this is it will be on the plenium, ok, thanks,

do you confirm the edis ecu can be in the cabine, therefore far the jumo and engine, no problem ??

today, i have washing the replacement engine ( engine only for do the wiring, the real is again in the 90 ), and now in the living room, i will can begin the wiring this week end, tommorown , i will go in the garage to measure the loom and do a copy with one cable, like this i could work near my dear in the living room, yeahhhhhhhh, for the moment it dry near the fire before miss come back at home

img_1515.jpg

do you confirm the edis ecu can be in the cabine, therefore far the jumo and engine, no problem ??

Yes, you can put EDIS in the cabin. However, most people fit it in the engine bay as the cables to the coil packs/VR sensor are shorter. EDIS is fitted in the engine bay by the manufacturer (Ford) so there are no issues with water/temperature etc.