TD4 engine issue - fuel economy, loss of power etc

ZeroDelta

Hi, I have a 53 plate Freelander 1 TD4 with just under 100k on the clock. The problem I have that the fuel economy has dramatically decreased and starting from cold it is slow going from 1000 to 2000 rpm - above 2000rpm all is fine. So far I have replaced the MAS, cleaned the EGR, put injector cleaner through it and taken it to a Land Rover dealer to run diagnostic on it - still no difference. The dealer cannot find a problem via the computer and my local garage suggested that it may be a glow plug problem, but they were not totally sure.

Prior to the problem a turbo hose split which caused a massive power reduction and lots of black smoke out the back...

I am at an absolute loss as to what the problem is and so are the garages, can anyone help?

My dramatic loss of power was down to split vacuum hoses (they were split at the ends so kept falling off whatever they were connected to) - once they were all replaced, there were no more problems. Cost was a few quid.