Bunfight

dollythelw

Tech bun fight thread, got to save pulling specific topics down into chaos?

all with tongue in cheek so please dont infer anything other than plain debate :)

twin turbos and propane - nah, I'll stick to VNTs and propane - why double a potential component failure risk when one fan will do?

Jules - if you are lazy then good luck to you, I'd love to be (god I hope I get the chance soon), dont underestimate the cost of "getting a few lugs tacked on", if was that lacklustre a process then main dealers would be doing it

Warthog - just as Al said, you start it, and if you get stuck or you lack confidence, just ask, help is not far away

Will - shaft drive for a frog, look at a Beemer Telelever set up or the back enf of any modern shaft drive bike, not an issue on a back end setup, biiiiiiiig probs at the front, shock load protection will be "entertaining" hydrostatic is a non-starter, LWB? why...? you have fast winches??

Aussies in front of the UK? in what? if theres a leader in the particular discipline YOU want to follow then hunt them down for inspiration and tech, but hold them up as a shining beacon of all things motorsport is like comparing kylies (fantastic) back end to the Millau bridge, both superb engineering but dedicated to what they do best (mmmmmmmmmmmmm kylie)

Al - mogs? nice antiques ;)

right......... whos next to kick off? :)

:lol:

Al - mogs? nice antiques ;)

When will you learn Jez - you can't build an axle out of chrome alone... SOME of it has to actually carry loads...

I know what it is - you prefer spindly little girly axles as they do less damage to your baby soft hands.

Bring it on. Al.

:P

you lamb Al

Volvoformulaoffroader2.jpg

oh yes baby, Volvos - only good for 36" tyres and moped engines? mmmm lightweight, moveable without a crane driving licence and a risk asessment, my hands take a lot of fairy liquid to keep supple enough for my concert violin performances, German pig iron wouldnt do them any good at all :lol: ........ can I hear Dans keyboard creaking into life?

Volvos - only good for 36" tyres and moped engines? mmmm lightweight, moveable without a crane driving licence and a risk asessment,

Come on - everyone knows mincing about in loose dirt puts no strain on your axles!

Besides - isn't that a hill climber? How much load is there on the front in those (STEEP) circumstances? Naff all squared! 'Ooh check out his manly axles!' :D

[Actually, i quite like it, but I'm not gonna tell you that...] :ph34r:

Clearly the poor chap was using whatever he could find locally.

Al.

One day …… and one day soon ……….when I get the time……… and work is a distant memory………..(yes, I am an old git) ;):D

Ford V8 460 super Cobra bolted up to a Tremec Ford TKO600 5 speed overdrive manual & Atlas xfer box

This will be traditional LR type chassis construction and it will sit on 2 ton rockwells………..none of your LR and jap carp :rolleyes:

Let the flack begin…………………. :D

Ian

naf all squared x rotating mass x high impact when bouncing x BBC with nitrous = umm about a gazillion

given he had the choice of septic, earth mover, mog :lol: or hand fabbed axles (by members of Abba no less) he's obviously gone the right way - good lad :P

or I could go hunting through petrisimolen for 44" class ones on C303's with lowly SBC's bouncing about if you like?? :D anyone for a short pinion???? hehehhee

Antique Ian.......... soooooooo last season

Blown LS, paddle shift, E lockup, portal teks (see you in the next petrol station fella, I think the shell points are gonna add up fast - we could get a cruet set each every week :lol: )

cummins on 60psi boost Tony? 500bhp and 1000ft/lbs................waterproof

Antique Ian.......... soooooooo last season

Blown LS, paddle shift, E lockup, portal teks (see you in the next petrol station fella, I think the shell points are gonna add up fast - we could get a cruet set each every week :lol: )

cummins on 60psi boost Tony? 500bhp and 1000ft/lbs................waterproof

Listen tw@t :D:P:D ………… I told you I am old ………. think old :D:lol::D

460 is cheap ……….. as is cogbox (good for 600ft/lbs)……….. and 2 ton rockwells are old (if not ancient)…………. but christ are they tough……………. most with these run locked 53’s

Paddles ‘n’ blowers etc are just mere accessories…………………..although for off road use I probably rather have NOS then a blower. ;) ........... you need something to make you laugh when it all goes t1ts up :D

Ian

lightweight, moveable without a crane driving licence and a risk asessment,

you big girlie, i can move a set of mog axles around no probs- don't be such a wussy.

i reckon you'd be better off designing something reliable that will survive a swamp, rather than something cutting edge!

Ian - hook the paddles up to the in car playstation and play pinball while you wait for a recovery truck... of course I know you are old, anyone on nickname terms with Noah has to be knocking on.... did you still want that portal hip joint you asked about? with you on the NOS but............... remember industrial NOS is laced with sulphur, seems like a good idea but the results are rainbow coloured (closed dyno cell, big bottle, 4 idiots....... ask me how I know this one.. :blink: )

Al - jokes but also tech, I can fit both in due to my nice short pinions.... ahhhhhh :lol: I know its not officially pick on Al day until Tuesday but as the rubber princess isnt about today what else is there to do?

Tony - 13.5 tonnes of fuel an hour on full chat? sweeeeeeet, be nicer if it ran on pandas or pureed dolphins B)

Blown LS,

Stop it - we're not supposed to be agreeing.

BBC - >"Ford V8 460 super Cobra bolted up to a Tremec Ford TKO600 5 speed overdrive manual & Atlas xfer box"

I came REAL close to that setup myself, but the TKO worked out too long for my wheelbase without fabbing up a custom tailhousing. :(

So whether or not it was said in comedy, it nearly happened...

Al. :)

Al - jokes but also tech, I can fit both in due to my nice short pinions.... ahhhhhh :lol: I know its not officially pick on Al day until Tuesday but as the rubber princess isnt about today what else is there to do?

Oi! STOP IT! :angry: You and your short 'pinion shaft'. You've got to be rich or 'really nice' to get away with that tiddler... :ph34r:

Every day is Pick On Al Tuesday! Wahoo! :P

Where is she, anyway???

>" I dont have a "man" to do it for me :lol: "

That has GOT to hurt!

Al.

Jules - if you are lazy then good luck to you, I'd love to be (god I hope I get the chance soon), dont underestimate the cost of "getting a few lugs tacked on", if was that lacklustre a process then main dealers would be doing it

:lol:

I've just noticed that you have a it well easy with you one car tailes of hardship

I ran two comp car in the BORC last year and both won their classes.

mucked about with a challenge truck

got married (never go for white weddings I feel bancrupt)

started building the pug for the 205 cup.(strupped out two gti's and they sat there untouched ever since)

and you lot argue about which axles to fit......

you lot have it well easy bunch of girls :ph34r:

Stop it - we're not supposed to be agreeing.

BBC - >"Ford V8 460 super Cobra bolted up to a Tremec Ford TKO600 5 speed overdrive manual & Atlas xfer box"

I came REAL close to that setup myself, but the TKO worked out too long for my wheelbase without fabbing up a custom tailhousing. :(

So whether or not it was said in comedy, it nearly happened...

Al. :)

No Al, ….not comedy ………… that is my long considered ideal setup B) ……… it ought to be tough as old boots ……….. but like you say the Tremec Ford isn’t exactly a ‘shorty’

But I’ll find a way of making it fit the application ;)

Ian

Bring it on builder boy... the violins are out and warmed up ;)

this year,

no workshop, no money, no time

work on shoot, earn favours, get barn to use, build barn into workshop (walls, ceilings, 1 1/2 tonnes of steel door, wiring, lighting etc) move carp thats scattered about the country in storage into workshop, build Car 1 then build Car 2, fulltime job on top of that, logisitics for 30 odd people in 5 countries to get them all in the same place 2000 miles away, build car 3, plan on car 4, and................... on top of that - remain devilishly stylish maintained by appearances in the top fashion shows as a catwalk model

think you've got it tough? Im got a concert to give tonight after the brain surgery Im currently doing while typing this with a slightly bloody syringe in my mouth

{I may have eaten the wrong mushroom at lunchtime}