Bunfight

dollythelw

does he use a standalone ECU then Mark? I didnt know if it was tied into the rest of the Beemers systems/security?

Rally riad uk dessert worrior's

I have two mates that have them so if you want to have a good look give me a shout ones up north the other is in the New forest...

3.0 td6 I drove a standard bmw car ecu one

they fly

I was thrown the keys and told to go for a play... :D

I took the misses and was driving round the forest roads thingking that 110kph was pushing it a bit in a 40mph speed limit.. but it was very powerful and got there sooooo quick

select a gear nail and change all the way through the gears loads and loads of power...

Then misses pointed out that the big round speed was in MPH not KPH that was when I realised how quick it realy was....

It did 0-110 mph quicker than most car do 0-60mph

He has now had if chipped and tuned....

makes me smile thinking about it

he got the lump from a scrapper it had 5k on it but someone hap put petrol in still cost a few quid mind he did have injector issues but once sorted ran sound

Here's one for you jules

Huba Huba

On ebay

Here

Range Rover 6.6ltr V8

600HP

383 Chev

Roll Cage

36 Inch Simex Wheels

5 Inch Lift

10,000 Pound Ramsey Winch with 50 Metres of Plasma Rope

Maxi Drive Rear Diff Lock

Laminated Front Diff

Maxi Drive Strengthening Kit

Twin Snorkels

Modified Discovery Rims

Modified Wiring

Custom Extractors & Exhaust

Spot Lights

& Much More - too much to list.

COST $80,000+TO BUILD.

Competed in OUTBACK CHALLENGE in 2001. Ready for next OUTBACK CHALLENGE.

VERY TOUGH 4WD.

46_1.JPG

31_1.JPG

Says its great on sand and mud , just point and hit the load pedal and bloody hang on . But did say don't do that on tarmac or rocks as it will leave the alxes behind in bits. he said belive me i have done it before :)

hmmm sexy RR that

how about a caravan body on your 109? no cab, just the whole thing plopped on top, you could lounge on the sofa while driving and make a pot of tea when you reach a puddle or run out of petrol? ph34r.gif

hmm thats almost worth doing for a giggle, maybe a folding caravan to allow for low trees?

Will - why use lots of diffs when you can use 1................ think about it.........

:D I have thought, and I've got a solution to the gearing at the moment. Hmmm, I need to get researching 6x6 vehicles.

One other thing I'm tempted to do is try and run a transverse mounted engine and 'box as it'll make life easier and the vehicle lighter. However, trying to get that down to 40" - 48" (including a full time t.box with locking diff; LT230 is probably the choice) might be tricky. Blown V6 and small gearbox (preferably electronic auto) would probably be first choice although, God forbid, a 2.8 Isuzu lump may well be on the cards :o

Cart springs belong on carts …………. Pulled by one horse power……… :P

I suppose Tonk will be along in a mo …………I’d best go and hide :D

Ian

depends whether u like driving a bed spring or not :D

Will - why not explore transaxles?

How about running a central diff driven from a single input pinion with 4 sidegear-type outputs??? If you mounted the crown wheel in a horizontal plane in the exact centre of the vehicle, you could just have 4 shafts driven off it straight to the wheels.

Now that's unusual! And possibly stupid.

If you are looking for big power, small package, how about an ecotec (charged or whatever).

Al.

hmmm new rubber

post-125-1159169096.jpg

54" Boggers hehehe

Seems my time<->to-do-list chi is back in balance and I've got time for a quick bun throw at the bunfight corral

So 54" boggers - hmm - where are my sponsors ?

What width do they come in ?

Anyone planning to run any on Ashcroft axles and CVs ?

Will - surely they must be on one of your lists ?

No doubt Astro_al is modifing his workshop to encompass them into his ever evolving build

Just had a look on the LR site for info and there is some here. It gives some limited info on ratios but nothing on power/torque limitations, not suprisingly. However these are the figures for the engines outputs that the boxes need to take...

Maximum power

TDV6 190bhp/4000rpm

V8 295bhp/5500rpm

Maximum Torque

TDV6 440 Nm/1900rpm

V8 425 Nm/4000rpm

In the uk the petrol V6 is unavailable, but it is available elsewhere with either manual or auto. It is worth noting that this engine is a development of the original ford cologne V6 and not much in the way of power or refinement is to be expected. I guess (dont know for sure) that this means a cosworth V6 (sharing the cologne's bellhousing bolt pattern) would mate to either the auto or manual Land Rover gearbox.

Petrol V6 has 269lbs/ft

For quick reference the same auto is used with success on the AJV8 SC and Lion V6 and V8, so I imagine it can cope with good amounts of torque. Equally if the manual can cope with the Lion V6 then I guess it too can cope with plenty of torque.

You could assume that since Land Rover sells neither AJV8 SC (420lbs/ft) or Lion V8 (472lbs/ft) with manual boxes then the torque figures that the manual can withstand will be somewhere between the output of the Lion V6 (324lbs/ft) and the AJV8 NA (325lbs/ft). But that is only an assumption, it may be that Land Rover does not sell these engine/box combinations because there is little or no market for them.

Hope this helps :)

Lewis

ahh Lewis you steal the crown though because its the V6 petrol Im looking for numbers on...

so in theory its the 4ltr ford Ranger? bottom end with a two valve head? in which case a pair of Cossie heads could be squeezed on....

does anyone know ifthe Rover version is an ally block or cast concrete iron??