ibex 300 build

Sorry if it's posted before - but what's your spraying set up ?

Compressor and HVLP gun ?

I'm running two compressors one (25ltr) for air fed hood and one (50ltr) for HVLP gun plus a twister fan for extraction. This is the first time I've used a HVLP gun (my previous suction fed gun died while painting the inside) so we'll see how it comes out

Mike

IMAG2581-20141020-195351425.thumb.JPG.ef9b5e8e37b8094962a878797e770389.JPG

My replacement thinners has arrived the wife tells me it was a different driver this time but I do like the subtle sticker.

IMAG1373.JPG.d99aa837fb780e8142cb687bb375b3c5.JPG

Filler primer is now on so I'll be flatting back later in the week especially as I managed to get a couple of runs.

Mike

Edited by miketomcat

That looks stunning :)

I know it sounds way OTT for a bit of spilt terps but there have been several terrible accidents where unknown substances (atleast when it's phoned through to the emergency services) are spilt from vehicles. The call they get is someones inhaled a chemical and passed out. It's usually people trying to help that get worst affected as they often think the liquid is just a bit of water and go wading in. Look up the 1972 (I think) Oleum accident on the M6 for an example :/

I totally agree the emergency services did exactly what they should. If the driver had been more careful none of it would of happened. The really funny part is even with that subtle sticker on the replacement thinners has been dropped as well though this one didn't leak.

Mike

Slightly foggy picture,

IMAG1375.thumb.JPG.9cf1039738ddb11ee9d7fb92bfb87d33.JPG

Even with the extraction going it still got pretty foggy in there mind it did take 4 hours.

IMAG1376.thumb.JPG.acea0c21bd41a20940891761babc47b5.JPG

Four coats in total and I'm really happy with the finish (assuming it stays like that as it cures) there's no lacquer on it but I'm not planning on putting any on as it never seems to stay put any way.

Mike

Edited by miketomcat

The really amusing bit is I wanted this colour but couldn't afford to buy it from a paint supplier. So I bought some gun metal grey paint off eBay on the basis it would be a dark non metallic grey paint. I hadn't even opened the tin until today as I had resigned myself to it being grey paint at a price I could afford. To say I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the tin 10mins before I was to start spraying is a massive understatement.

Mike

It doesn't show in the pictures but it is a bit orange peely and there is a few bits in it but hey I'm going to off road it so it really does only need to keep the water out. The biggest key is tenting the area well and extraction this one is definitely better than when I did 45 five years ago.

Mike

• Like 1