ibex 300 build

• 2 weeks later...

Forward progress abound wiper arms have been cut down. I was planning to fit them but bocsh had other ideas a 17" wiper in a 15" box!

Moved on to the washer system.

20170411_193341.thumb.jpg.97bceb2b5f22bf9efe559ac5fa9ae48f.jpg

I'm using discovery headlight washers for the windscreen. But needed to cut down the jet housings and change the angle they sit at. This then needed a spacer for the underside so they would bolt up.

20170412_183026.jpg.77b478c43e4414c1fcde46d97fc94f90.jpg

I've also fitted a proper cooling fan switch which meant drilling and tapping the housing.

20170412_184823.thumb.jpg.bd5a71afc6558ea7fd96bbf49a48dd81.jpg

Sensor fitted

20170412_184837.thumb.jpg.42e2dac5cd67181bfcc8bcf57e9f244b.jpg

Mike

Edited by miketomcat

The washer bottle is similar to the later defender under wing bottle but I got it at Sodbury years ago. However it was undrilled but had the recess for the headlight washers pump. So I've fitted the headlight washers pump off a disco just need to alter the wiring to run the pump with the screenwash. 

It is really nice to be working on it again but now I just want to get it on the road now.

Mike

• Like 3

That looks fantastic :)

A friend once got dragged from his discovery by a bouncer and had it confiscated by the police for turning the headlight washers sideways and squirting people queuing for nightclubs so they must be fairly powerful. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been making steady progress washer systems all done just need to change the trigger wiring. Coolant hoses done, main battery cables run and connected  (no battery yet). Need to sort the heater wiring I should point out I'm using a Discovery loom in a defender layout.

Next I have this little lot to play with.

IMAG1573.JPG.4fc0d314e850438dfb2ef02e4e84ea5b.JPG

Mike

Edited by miketomcat

• 2 months later...

Due to the joys of photobucket I will be reinstating the photos in this thread over the next few weeks.

Also my wife is taking the kids to the mother in laws for most of August so I plan to spend every spare moment on the ibex.

Mike

• Like 4

1 hour ago, daveturnbull said:

Looking forward to reading about the progress.

And not at all jealous about your month long workshop pass.....:ph34r:

Yeah but I did endure over a year of not getting anywhere near it. That and I did point out its a very expensive garden ornament so I need to finish it or get rid of it, which would be at a loss! 

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

From this.

IMAG1573.JPG.d0d52a166437661e2d4f66d5d89b0242.JPG

To this.

20170802_134228.thumb.jpg.bff1243872563ad965df2890a10aa7ea.jpg

Not sure if it looks much better but it's all where it's supposed to be now.

Working:

Head and side lights.

Cooling fan.

Heater.

Wipers and washer.

Not working:

Horn.

Indicators.

Rear light (not wired yet).

Gauges. 

I've fitted the mirrors but decided to leave them manual for now. The dash needed some repairs and alterations. I'm using the disco binnical so had to cut this section of the dash to make it removable. I also did the centre console while I was at it. It's been in and out a few times to get it to fit but I'm happy now so have started painting it.

Mike

• Like 2