miketomcat

ibex 300 build

383 posts in this topic

Forward progress abound wiper arms have been cut down. I was planning to fit them but bocsh had other ideas a 17" wiper in a 15" box!

Moved on to the washer system.

20170411_193341.jpg

I'm using discovery headlight washers for the windscreen. But needed to cut down the jet housings and change the angle they sit at. This then needed a spacer for the underside so they would bolt up.

20170412_183026.jpg

20170412_183042.jpg

I've also fitted a proper cooling fan switch which meant drilling and tapping the housing.

20170412_184823.jpg

Sensor fitted

20170412_184837.jpg

Mike

Progress !!

You must be glad to be working on it again.

The washer jets look tidy, and I know those ones put out a fair squirt. Are you running a standard defender pump for them, or something man size?

The washer bottle is similar to the later defender under wing bottle but I got it at Sodbury years ago. However it was undrilled but had the recess for the headlight washers pump. So I've fitted the headlight washers pump off a disco just need to alter the wiring to run the pump with the screenwash. 

It is really nice to be working on it again but now I just want to get it on the road now.

Mike

3 people like this

I've also been sorting the grill and light surrounds.

20170415_180333.jpg

And a full frontal with cut down wipers fitted.

20170415_180345.jpg

Mike

That looks fantastic :)

A friend once got dragged from his discovery by a bouncer and had it confiscated by the police for turning the headlight washers sideways and squirting people queuing for nightclubs so they must be fairly powerful. 

I had this set up on the tomcat the only downside is it uses quite a lot of water. But it is very effective at cleaning the windscreen.

Mike