Innovate fitted now what

mikec

Er

Right

There are so many things and settings wrong in the MSq I don't know where to start, so lets not

Lets restart and get this sorted.

Refit the NB Lambda

Reload the MSQ I supplied

Do a 30-45 mins drive in all stylles (like you stole it, like you have eggs on board up / down hill, heavy traffic)

and then upload the MSQ and the XLS file WITHOUT running the changes

Then we will see WTF is going on

No, I want the NB fitted + My MSQ + datalog and NOT run through TS or MLV ta muchly :P

Nige

Er

Right

There are so many things and settings wrong in the MSq I don't know where to start, so lets not

Lets restart and get this sorted.

Refit the NB Lambda

Reload the MSQ I supplied

Do a 30-45 mins drive in all stylles (like you stole it, like you have eggs on board up / down hill, heavy traffic)

and then upload the MSQ and the XLS file WITHOUT running the changes

Then we will see WTF is going on

No, I want the NB fitted + My MSQ + datalog and NOT run through TS or MLV ta muchly :P

Nige

Will do, question though, something I'm still not sure on, if load up your original msq, does it load up the original settings too? So, for example, say on the current msq I've got mapdot selected, if I then load up your original msq does that setting go back to tpsdot? Or does it stay mapdot? I tried having a look yesterday but got all confused with it and never found the answer

Hold on !

Don't go changing anything.

Load the MSQ from me, and do a datalog. - don't run it just post up the MSQ and the XLS log

Ltes get things properly sorted and as they should be, if the TPS isn't behaving let do some work between us and sotrt it, let ensure everything is as it should be and if it isn;t sort it.

I would like to see what the MLV / TS does to my MSQ and work out why. Also make sure all the basic bits and bobs are as they should be.

THEN and only then we can see what the issues are for fine tweaks

As fridge said re thermostat and moi on deckchairs :rofl:

Its good to have issues, understand and sort them, knowlledge grows for the future, bypassing "Issues" is never a great

plan, whilst its fine for a "Get me Home" type thing, there is no reason we can't get Mikes MSQ / Engine purr like a kitten standing in cream

N

Nige

ok i think thois is what you wabted, now the datalog o this map is too big to put on here its 2.5. shall i just email or is there a SIMPLE :) way of reducing the size to put it on here.

should say i think the kangooring was worse on tis map, also strated it from cold so can see perhaps whats happening with cold start (no pwm)

it also smelt rich in the cab

cheers mike

4.6 Rover V8 Std and Safe MSQ - Slightly Rich on Fuel Soft on Spark 2012.msq

ok i think thois is what you wabted, now the datalog o this map is too big to put on here its 2.5. shall i just email or is there a SIMPLE :) way of reducing the size to put it on here.

should say i think the kangooring was worse on tis map, also strated it from cold so can see perhaps whats happening with cold start (no pwm)

it also smelt rich in the cab

cheers mike

Email it to me, I'll cut it into bits.

Use a proper browser ffs!

Chrome, FF or Opera, all a million miles then the pile-o-s... IE8 is.

I know nothing about browsers etc, 99% of the time I'm on the iPad anyway, only times like uploading these when I use the laptop on the net. Hopefully it might have installed when I get back in a bit! :)

Didn't realise you were having problems mike, shoulda text me and I could have checked over your WB setup, needs setting up in the configurator/project properties as well you see!

Anyway, best advice is as above, get back to very basic basics, the car should rung perfectly on nige's original msq.

Good luck, text me and come down to the garage if you have brain ache! :D

The connectors have come now so ill put another tps on it.

How are you seeing the noise exactly? I presume you go onto megatune and playback the log, but when I tried that I wasn't sure what the "noise" would appear as. Least then I can try things and check myself if its still there or not.

Cheers mike

Hmmm

1st things 1st

Mike

Ignition on

Open Megatune

Click on tools and calibrate TPS

click on top box

push acell pedal to floor and click 2nd box

note values

Post up closed / open values here

Then

Right click on any guage

select "TPS"

guage will appear 0-100%

Push pedal to floor, does it go 0-100%

Post up

Nige

Certainly seems like you are losing your TPS values at various points as it drops down to zero, with no change in RPM, and then comes back up, drops etc, again without rpm or MAP changes.

How are you seeing the noise exactly?

Generally, any sensor value that jumps around rather than changing smoothly, or as you would expect it. It's easier to see on a graph, there's some explanation here with pictures, and some good info on troubleshooting & TPSDot / Accel tuning.

I open the file in excel and look through the list. Where the TPSacc jumps, I'm looking for a decrease in MAP and an increase in the TP column.

However, with big TPS jumps I'm seeing no other changes, other than the MS responding to it thinking that you've just given it a bootfull and starts pouring in fuel (PW column)

Ok tps values are 17 and 254

Tps guage goes 0-100% and back again nice and relative to the pedal movement.

Just a check I've got the wiring correct, just in case :)

I've got green tps return red to tps and yellow to vref

Resets happen when cold starting, cos it doesn't fast idle it just stalls, bit of a pig. None of them resets have occurred when its warm.

All the earths go to a common earth inside the waterproof box then go straight to the battery.

Didn't realise you were having problems mike, shoulda text me and I could have checked over your WB setup, needs setting up in the configurator/project properties as well you see!

Anyway, best advice is as above, get back to very basic basics, the car should rung perfectly on nige's original msq.

Good luck, text me and come down to the garage if you have brain ache! :D

No worries mate, ill see how we get on here, but looks like ill have to move the wiring about for the wb if/when I come to refit it.

I open the file in excel and look through the list. Where the TPSacc jumps, I'm looking for a decrease in MAP and an increase in the TP column.

However, with big TPS jumps I'm seeing no other changes, other than the MS responding to it thinking that you've just given it a bootfull and starts pouring in fuel (PW column)

Ah ok ill have a look, that way I can hopefully check it for myself too.

Cheers guys

All the earths go to a common earth inside the waterproof box then go straight to the battery.

Mike

When you say "Common" CTS and MAT sensor earths need to go to the earth bar on the ECU and THEN from the ecu to ground (battery)

if your earths are NOT going back to the ECU then you will get poor quality signals

The lambda has 2 whites, one is 12v Positive the other should be earthed to chassis, the balck to transmit and the grey to ECU earth

Please advise

Nige