GALVANISED REAR DOORS

One thing i neverunderstood,

Why a company does not have a loss leader on this forum. The amount of us who require doors could purchase them at a reduced cost, get the sales for the compay up, we get new doors and possibly even have a nice sticker on our pride and joys to show others who produced the parts.

Or am i just waisting my days with pipe dreams?

I bought one of the SPl rear doors back in early 2012. To be fair was good value but the quality of steel used in the frame was carp..

Was only on the defender 2-3 months and the steel box section cracked , standard 750 wheel and tyre on the door and had no off Road use either :glare:

Contacted Spl about it, Reply was Thanks for letting us know but no offer to replace the faulty door .

N

Testing the market me thinks! As far as I know there are no other galvanised doors so price would determine the market and this one is by the look of things rather over-egged, I can buy an OEM spec door with heated rear glass for a lot less from one of my local parts shops. The 'quantity sold' showing means nothing. I wouldn't buy one without seeing it first to determine strength and build quality and pay accordingly.

I think it's more like what's called 'phishing'.

I think you'll find it's astroturfing, phishing is entirely different dear boy.

If every time they spammed here someone posted something like "Do not buy doors from splandrovers.com as they are rubbish and keep posting spam" it would probably go up the google rankings quite quickly (LR4x4 ranks quite highly) and would probably pop up ahead of their actual website.

Then they might learn themselves some internet!

I wouldn't worry too much about this, a scam or astroturfing or phishing or whatever you may call it posted in Forums is pretty obvious and deserves to be ignored, It's when you get posts telling everyone that Jesus is alive and well and living in Megalof with Lord Lucan that you need start to worry!

It's a pretty amusingly inept campaign. It could have been interpreted as insulting, their believing us to be so stupid as to fall for it, but it is so weak that I can't help smile at their own foolishness. It has probably cost them the trade of most of us on this forum.