4.0/4.6 triger wheels prob one for Nige

Rangie46

Prob been thinking to much as I have not built my 4.0 yet, but was thinking about when I install ms and I know Nige does a wheel for the 4.0/4.6 but requires the pulley to get put on a lathe, so was thinking about a ring gear type wheel that the end user would only need to drill and tap the pulley to fit the wheel, prob get a better idea from a pic as a pic can explain it better

I made a template out of card so you can get the idea

B8848668-5718-403E-BEED-57714B68343C-462

EDB3F9C7-91CA-45C1-A4B8-F8409A7E480C-462

The for dots are where you would drill into the pulley and tap and bolt as shown here

530173BF-4346-4AD5-8F80-959828F11C48-462

What do you guys think? obviously I would not be making these but I thought this may make the trigger wheel install on the 4.0/4.6 serp easier

20 x teeth + 1 gap ???? :blink:

I no I no the template was just so you can get an idea, mad tho you counted the teeth as I didn't ;-)

I shall be seeing you soon, ordering all my rebuild parts next week, just waiting for the crank to come back from machine shop so I know what size bearing to order, really need to get rid of the oil burner as I'm seriously hating it right now.

I no I no the template was just so you can get an idea, mad tho you counted the teeth as I didn't ;-)

I shall be seeing you soon, ordering all my rebuild parts next week, just waiting for the crank to come back from machine shop so I know what size bearing to order, really need to get rid of the oil burner as I'm seriously hating it right now.

If your buying stuff, pop over and I'll do it while you wait as a freebie :D

Oh and re the 20 teeth, - I won't do this to you :rofl: ..... http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=83656

Nige