'New' Disco 300Tdi faults help, already!

plasticbadger

Hi all, I just picked up my 'new' 300Tdi, bought unseen through ebay and all is not well (surprise!). It's a 1996 P reg with 169k on the clock, limited crusty bits and drives really well, however there's some issues I wanted some help with:

The rear electric windows don't work from any switch- possible window ECU joints fault?

The rear wiper doesn't work, though the dirt says it did recently - boot earth? Relay?

The electric mirrors don't work - no idea!

The heater fan only works when you balance the control between 2 and 3 - I guess you get that!

Other than that its dirty, smelly and cheap!

Windows - try swapping the switches about first. If not see if any voltage at connectors first, then worry about the ecu (it's fiddly to extract)

Rear wiper - could be a broken wire in the rear door loom. Try the MFU test procedure (it's in Rave) to eliminate that first.

Mirrors - could just be the switch

Heater fan - think you need a new switch for that one :)

Not sure if you know where the MFU lives but it is behind the under dash fuse board.

What color is it on your car?

Black ones gave endless grief but the cream ones are better but still go wrong due to them being a "ROVER" part LOL.

Does the rear window wiper not work at all? What about wash-wipe?

Rear wiper wont work with the drivers door open it's a Land Rover thing the rear windows could be a dry solder joint in the window ECU which is fitted behind the glove box there is a way of putting the MFU into a self checking mode but you would have to search the forums for the sequence it's on here as I used it to check mine door mirrors could be the change over switch ( this was faulty on mine ) just sprayed it with contact cleaner