CLUTCH RESULTS.....BRAKE SWITCH

Hi guys thanks for every ones help ..........I now have a fully working dead smooth fantastic to use clutch as many suggested it was the release bearing it sure had melted a bit lol

Quick one while here Ive no brake lights on the pic below is that where the brake light wires plug into ?? as have a plug there but don't want to seam to clip back on ? or is that the low level warning ?? is the switch the two green wires at the top behind the pedal ?

post-10229-0-05244500-1414320322_thumb.jpg

post-10229-0-23795800-1414320345_thumb.jpg

glad the clutch is fixed, 2nd item is the PDWA unit, there should be a plug hanging under the vehicle to fit the socket on the unit,

PDWA = pressure differential warning unit, tell you by putting a red warning light on when the front or rear brake circuit has a fluid leak/failure.

brake light switch is on top rear of the brake pedal/servo assembly should be 2 green wires with spade terminal end fittings IIRC.

Yes found the brake switch ...removed it joined the two wires together and NO brake lights checked fuse all ok ...god I could cry one thing after another at the mo ...any ideas on what else to check ? what are my wires when it gets to the brake lights them selves ? so can check them

Ok I have

Purple & Green

Red

Black

With the engine running and no lights on I have one those probe things if I place it in the 3 light wire connections the probe beeps and a green light on the probe ....if I then turn on my lights and place the probe in the Purple and green and the black it beeps and green light on the probe but in the red a constant tone and the probe light is red ...if I unconnected that red wire my back light goes out ......Hate electrics no idea what I'm doing but may give some one an idea

Ok to add to that with the probe on the switch wires with out engine running two green and probe is green ....green and purple nothing .....engine running two green and probe is red solid beep and the green and purple has nothing no light at all on probe but wiggle a bit and get a red but looks like still no B lights

brake light switch will only work if ignition is on & brake pedal is operated.

plain red is 12v from side/tail light switch to side/tail lights

plain black is earth

plain green is 12v ign controlled feed via fusebox

green/purple is from brake light switch to brake lights.

chack the earth is clean and tight in each rear corner behind the rear lights cover panels.if not clean or attached it'll cause lighting problems

Ok with the probe where you see the arrow green and purple wire I split the box slightly the one just before it all goes of down the chassis had a small child push the brake pedal The probe is green push the pedal goes red which I believe shows power.....Go to the back of the landy do the same on the green and purple wire there and probe is just green and stays green............Is there any joiners switches junctions etc between the front and the back of the landy as I'm presuming this means no power getting to the back

FIG two cheeking round my joiners found the green wire with the blue connecter out as you see light green dark green 2 x white to choose from with the probe only a white and dark green have power so joined it back to the dark green all seams ok but still brake lights ..and presume as the tail lights working the earth must be good

post-10229-0-68694400-1414335780_thumb.jpg

post-10229-0-11724600-1414335830_thumb.jpg

OK thinking about this the brake switch has two plain green connected and one green and purple with the plain greens being a constant live I believe ......if I take a wire Direct from the two greens at the switch to the back and connect directly to the green and purple should that by pass every thing and the brake lights all light up ???? If it does light up If I then do the same but with the green and Purple from the front switch to the back and it don't light up ...the switch if does Ive a break in my wire further along if no light up then a doggy switch ???

And nope chassis exit all looks fine new galvo chassis 2 year ago all rubber grommet holes and harness in convoluted pipe.......Ive only checked the passenger side so far not drivers side but both brake lights not working tested the bulb on the battery with a bit of wire and all is fine

could be a break in the original wires,

you are testing with ignition ON ? otherwise there won't be any 12v feed from fusebox on the plain green wire,

if you connect the brake lights green/purple to the plain green which will bypass the switch with ign on they should illuminate.

OK

The two green power wires in to the brake switch I take a wire from there to the lights and they work

I join the switch wires together to by pass the switch and no lights

I then plug the unscrew

switch into the green live wires run a wire from the switch out green and purple to the lights (ignition on) press the switch and no light

So it seams I have a faulty switch and a wire some where

Now the two green power wires in to the switch by the time they reach the switch have they gone thro the fuse box all ready ????????

Now to add to this If I take a wire plugged in the back of my fuse box (top row five in from the Left) which should be my stop lights I run that round to the light it illuminates

post-10229-0-00718100-1414417180_thumb.jpg

Can some one tell me the exact route the switch wire takes from start to the tail light ??????

Ok I now have a new switch (stupid me it works when out not when you push it in in arrrr old one was still broken tho)

I have power right up to the last connecter before it enters the chassis (OH GREAT) Half crack that connecter open ...have a wire from the green and purple at the brake light end round to the front touch it on the connecter and it LIGHTS.....while holding it on the connecter push the switch IN and it goes out let the button on the switch out and lights again.......so one bad switch no outthe way

So I have power up until that connecter and a foot before it enters the chassis........how far along between there and the lights it losses power is any ones guess ...Next question how hard is it to thread a wire threw the chassis and any one any tips on how to do it ??????

(of course I will very carefully check all wires out of the chassis and connecters that end before considering a new wire ...I have been working on the passenger side rather than drivers where the wires exit the chassis ....stupid I know as could just be a connection on that side.

Chassis can have sharp edges inside the rails, especially galvanised chassis which can have solidified sags, lumps and drips of zinc for wires to fret on.

Disconnect the wiring loom inside the rear left of the car and tie a length of robust sting to the ends of the loom, and with the front and rear chassis grommets, pull the whole loom forwards and out of the front chassis hole, dragging the string with it. Once the string appears, untie it and leave it trailing from both holes - you'll use that later to pull the repaired loom back through later.

MENDED got some 4 mm air tubing threaded it down the first hole in the chassis where the wiring loom from the engine enters the chassis and fished it out the next hole along with a bent coat hanger.

Then where the first pipe came out feed another bit of pipe in to that hole and further along to the next hole towards the back.

I ended up with 5-6 lengths of pipe poking out the chassis from front to back. I then tapped some Para cord to the first pipe and pulled it throw. Then to the second, third and so on till I had a length of para cord running front to back.

I then got 4.5 Mt of 6mm air tube pulling it dead tight from end to end I threaded that with a electrical cable then pulled back threw two lots of electrical cable suitable for the lights.

This was then taped to the para cord and pulled threw the chassis. Giving me a new protected wire to connect my brake lights but all so one free wire for ant future use.

Ive connected it up at the back end of the Landy and tested it by touching it on the front I just need to solder it to the plug/socket wire tomorrow heat shrink and job done....

Ok I all so had no reversing light in picture 3 I found a wire out the other day and plugged it in to the green as assumed green to green but have No reversing light....the lighter green on the end has no power to it...If I plug it in to the white next to it every thing works ok.........I know white is power but just want to check its ok to use that and its fused etc ???????

post-10229-0-90077900-1414521632_thumb.jpg

post-10229-0-75451800-1414521668_thumb.jpg

post-10229-0-03454000-1414522085_thumb.jpg