CNC Plasma - Group Build?

simonr

goodjob.gif

Si, at the risk of sounding really cheeky, could you include the current ebay item numbers on your BOM ?

I assume a few of us will all buy from there and i'll also assume that most of us haven't put something together like this before - so would make life that little bit easier and probably save you some pm's :)

Thanks for all your work, it's much appreciated.

Gordon

+1 on all the above

Not keen on putting the ebay item numbers in the BOM as they will only be current for a max of a week - and maybe as little as a day. I wonder if there is another option like title or what to search for? If I'm going to do it, I'd rather not have to do it twice (or more!)

Si

Understand about not wanting to do it more than once. Just trying to think of a way so that it's easy for all to get the same / correct.

G

Would there be any chance of some pictures of the parts that we need to buy.

I appreciate that is time consuming for you, but i tried to list the description in the BOM in ebays search

and for a power supply i get a few choices all with the same description.

Some range from a printer/laptop power supply to led/cctv power supplies

All are 24v 400w 16A Power supplies

However, the stepper motor, board set is still active,

so at least we are singing from the same song sheet with those parts :i-m_so_happy:

Cheers

OK - I'll find a text string for each which will only yield appropriate (or clearly inappropriate) results in an eBay search. This should have greater longevity than a list of links which I would have to update weekly at the very least!

Si

Apparently the laser cutting will be delivered between tomorrow & Thursday - fingers crossed!

What I'll do is PM the people who expressed interest (on order) with a price & PayPal address if that's OK? No obligation to take up the offer - I'll just keep offering the next on the list & so on until they're all gone!

A few people said they need to wait until they are paid etc. No worries, just PM me back & I'll hang on to it as required.

Regards,

Si

Thanks Si,

With regards to the stepper motor driver :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191479002970

Do we need 3 of the above, or am i correct in thinking only 1 ?

OR :

3 x http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-efficiency-CNC-Router-Mill-Lathe-1Axis-TB6600HG-Stepping-Motor-Driver-Board-/351283388174?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51ca1f1f0e

1 x http://www.cnc4you.co.uk/Breakout%20board%20KK01%20CNC%20Stepper%20Motor%205%20Axis-with-Relay

Which would you say is the simplest way for us ?

I know you linked to simply bearings, but whilst on ebay i ordered these bearings :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161005813647?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&var=460165749308&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edit : Well i'm keeping royal mail in business for the next few days ! The parts ordered (not including steel or 3 x TB6600HG) have come to about £400. That is having ordered all my fasteners from screwfix where they come in packs of 50 / 100.

For the stepper driver link - it includes a breakout board (same one I'm using) so seemed fair value. I'll draw up a wiring diagram for that board as the instructions are less than obvious!

However, any 5A bipolar drivers and breakout board will do. Robert's issues were because he was running the drivers on 48v which is too close to their 50v limit. At 24v they are fine!

Si

Picked up my box of bits on thursday and saw simon and the original, i was real impressed by the design and plating was spot on. Really looking forward to getting it running. So thanks again simon and everyone on here for making this sort or thing happen :)

Rangy85 - I still have 3 left from this run.

If you want to get a quote for shipping, go to http://www.interparcel.com My Postcode is RH12 1SB - and if you set a destination of Australia it should give a quote to send with a variety of carriers. Make sure you enter your postcode as rates vary for different bits of Auz - and you only find out when you enter the code. I would prefer to ship with UPS if possible as I've had the least issues with them. FedEx are not too bad either.

PM Me if you want to go ahead!

Si