DB37 to DB37 relay board to megasquirt ECU

dirtyninety

various megasquirt retailers now sell looms

i had to do mine the hard way :D

the only thing i would say with computer cables etc is they werent designed for the amperages you are asking the DB37s to deal with in an MS application

on that basis, i'd carry on making your own, its not that bad!

Well indeed, in fact I think I still have a porcelain twist-on cable joiner in one of the light fittings round here, was the norm to easily connect stuff in small spaces, even at mains voltages!

That and most of the telecoms stuff uses scotchlock-type connects in every cabinet, well..... they can't be THAT bad, right? ;)

• Like 1

That and most of the telecoms stuff uses scotchlock-type connects in every cabinet, well..... they can't be THAT bad, right? ;)

Telecomm beans are a bit nicer than scotcloks, they're vaseline filled, and the (solid single conductor) copper cable is made specifically to be used in those IDC connections, as is all the jumper wire in the exchange. That means the insulation and conductor are a specific size to allow a good termination in the IDC terminal. The various sizes of multi-strand flexible cable in your car is not designed for someone to attack it with scotchloks.