110 Body Cappings- Difference between mid 80's and TD5?

I'm considering buying an 02 110 in a couple of months and one of the jobs that needs doing is replacing the rotten body cappings. I just so happen to have a set from a mid 80's 110 I chopped up a couple of years ago.

Looking at the Rimmer brother's site I see that different parts are listed up to 94 than for 95 onwards. The latter being 100 quid more expensive per item.

Is there really so much difference in the tubs that the earlier ones wouldn't fit a later tub?

I have the complete set, every piece came off clean, so if the difference is between the individual pieces rather than the size/shape of the tub, I could swap each and every piece and save myself about 500 quid...

Thoughts?

Just some observations I've seen...

Earlier model cappings where sometimes in multiple sections, rather that one long section, also I think later ones the tubes for fixing the van/hood sticks where shallower. - also earlier cappings where all galvanised from factory, td5 era weren't hence they rotted out easily, its one of the jobs I have to do on my 02 Def90, I got some genuine later ones galvanised and painted by a chap I found on eBay whom will galvanise anything for you if you ask.

Thanks Maverick, I guess I'm good to go with my old galvanised from factory jobbies then!

If I can keep finding points like this I recon I can have the missus on side by the time it becomes available.

"But look how much space we'll have in the shed once I've bolted everything onto the new motor!"

Genius...

The holes for the lights on the rear are also smaller on the earlier cappings, this means you either have to fit earlier lights (the type with the bullet connector fly leads) or cut the holes in the capping out to the larger size and either galvanise them or use a zinc primer to protect the edges of the new holes.