Will this work?

As I said on my build I found an ip67 box that fits perfectly behind my seats but it wasn't quite big enough to fit the edis and ecu in.

The only way I can see this working is mounting the edis to the bottom of the box and the ecu on the lid.

I can then take the lid off and access the serial port ok I would just need to leave a coil of wire in the box to give the lid a bit of range in the cab.

My question is; will this work? Some people have said the edis unit gives off funny signals interfering with the ecu. Is That true? Is this a bad idea all together and I should just get another box? I'm limited for space as I'm keeping my middle seat so I want to keep the box really.....

post-8190-0-02095900-1430676368_thumb.jpg

As missingsid said the EDIS is waterproof so you can mount it anywhere. I can't imagine that the EDIS will cause interference but if you keep the EDIS out side the box, just in case, it will be fine.

The MS is already in a metal box, adding another lump of metal in there is more likely to cause issues rattling round & rubbing through the wiring or somesuch. My MS is right next to the EDIS and never missed a beat.

As I said on my build I found an ip67 box that fits perfectly behind my seats but it wasn't quite big enough to fit the edis and ecu in.

The only way I can see this working is mounting the edis to the bottom of the box and the ecu on the lid.

I can then take the lid off and access the serial port ok I would just need to leave a coil of wire in the box to give the lid a bit of range in the cab.

My question is; will this work? Some people have said the edis unit gives off funny signals interfering with the ecu. Is That true? Is this a bad idea all together and I should just get another box? I'm limited for space as I'm keeping my middle seat so I want to keep the box really.....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I have my EDIS, ECU and relays and Fuses in an IP67 box with no problems (mounted on metal back plate)

That is a fair point. like I say everything would fit into that box now the ecu is mounted on the lid. i wanted to keep this box as it fits behind the middle seat and perfectly in the channel between the truck cab window and lower half of the bulk head. If you dont have 3 seats then it doesn't really matter what size the box is.