Ms1 auto tune help

Theviper1987

Hi all I have got my truck running and all timed up right... Hooray?????????? right I am very new to the whole Megasquirt and tuning but getting it slowly.

Right auto tune. Is it as easy as ve table 1- tools- auto tune. Then drive it hard/slow/cruising/ up hill/ downhill etc. then saving it.?? Thanks

I take it you are using tuner studio, if so its just a case of opening up your project then go to ve analyse live and click start auto tune, for the first couple of runs set the cell change resistance in advanced settings to easy then has you start to get your ve table tuned change it to hard then very hard keep an eye on the ve table as the live tuning does throw some odd numbers in there which you should smooth out after.

Key is to drive in as many different areas of the table at constant speed/load as you can - i.e once you are in a part of the table try to keep the engine there, VE analyze works a lot better when you are not constantly transitioning in and out of cells.

Also try to autotune in the same conditions - if you tune on a cold day and then later on a hot day you will find your table ends up different. MS applies the ideal gas law to fuelling to account for differences in air density due to temperature, but it does seem to be a bit too aggressive and you can end up chasing your tale by tuning one hot day and then another cold. Have a google on msextra.com for strategies on how to combat this.

Forget about tuning any of the accel enrichments, warm up enrichment etc until your ve table is correct and you can see that the actual afr is consistently matching or at least being very close to your target afr.