My Tear Drop caravan build..

casperboat

Really like that, how much electrics have you installed? Just a thumping great leisure battery and 12V or you fitted it out with 240 too?

Your guess is correct, fitted with a 110amp leisure battery and only 12 volts. One charge at home lasts quite a few days as it only really runs my daughter's portable dvd player, a car stereo and the lighting, plus, of course, the main power draw; charging my daughter's mobile phone.. After about 4 nights I guess you'd need a way to charge it, but we haven't run out yet..

A good 100 Watt solar will help. I have two 85 Amp batteries in my trailer charged by a 100 Watt solar panel. That system has run the electrics including the Engel fridge for four weeks. Had I known what I know now I wouldn't have bothered with either the 240 or the split charge, saving a lot of money

HTH

• Like 1

Hi, I would install a solar panel if I used it for longer periods, but for just a few days the battery lasts fine. The tear drop doesn't have any charging facility, I remove the battery at home and charge it with a battery charger from the house mains. Guess if I ever needed to charge it while out in it, I could take the car battery charger with me and a simple adaptor for the electric hook up, but I've not needed to yet.