miss fire

Theviper1987

Right ms1 question. Iv recently developed a miss fire I can't trace.. iv replaced the spark plugs, ht leads, coil packs.iv checked the timing more time than I can count. And it still only sounds like it's running on 7 lumpy when revving and flat while driving. With the engine running on tick over u can pull every ht lead of individually and it doesn't make it run any worse. Any ideas would be greatly listened to. Thanks

• Like 1

Classic symptoms of a worn-out camshaft; however; you say it is misfiring.

What type of plugs are you using? A poor plug can produce good enough spark for idle but not for higher revs. I use NGK Iridium and never have problems anymore, although I did have a newish one fail once.

Have you checked that the injectors are getting current? How long since they were cleaned?

Good luck,

Cheers Charlie

You've tried pulling the HT leads, try the same thing with injectors see if one of those makes the difference or not. A misfire is definitely a problem but being a bit "flat" could just be your tune, so worry about that separately, fix the misfire 1st.

A datalog from megatune could be useful - just a few seconds of it idling badly might show something useful (or rule out a few things).

Low battery/poor earth causing the relay issue, and possibly affecting the injectors with same bad earth. Possible dead plugs due to previous overfueling -check and swap them all out if black/wet, stick them in the oven for 20mins at 150C if you have no spares :)

It's developed now. It won't even tick over now. Iv tried another ecu with my map on it and it still won't start. When u crank it now the fuel pump relay clicks on and off

Does it do that rapidly or at a steady ~2 second interval? Because 2 second interval means the ECU doesn't like the settings - possibly it's running a different version of firmware or there's a conflict or error in the settings.

If you've burnt settings into it with a flat or less than great battery voltage it can get corrupted as it doesn't burn properly, charge the battery up & try re-burning your last good settings file into it. Usually megatune will warn you "controller voltage low" or similar if there's a risk.

hi all again. iv tried another EDIS-8 and reset my setting to what nige sent me. still the same.

iv done a datalog thingy using megatune but cant open it.

also I cant upload it. it says 'Error you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file'

any ideas im at my whits end. thanks