has anyone done the 300tdi fuse box transplant into a RRC 200tdi

squi5566

hi, in detail if possible, can some one tell me or show me how to install a 300tdi fuse box into a 200 tdi rrc(1993 to be exact), ive cut out all the old crappy fuse links, and now have two bunches of wires, 1 from the range rover side and 1 from the 300tdi fuse box, which wires connect to which wire or fuse, all the 200tdi wires are orange and another colour, all the fuse box wires are brown and another colour, some fuses i need and some i dont, i have no diagrams to follow, and not much else, and id prefer not to set my car on fire, if possible, so can someone assist me please, many thanks in advance. :unsure:

Not done it myself but can see it being easy enough to do.

Get your multi meter out and set for continuity to test and find out which wires are which, or a battery and a test lamp will do, work out which wires you need to power which circuit.

I wouldn't have bothered personally, it's far simpler to use better links and wire them accordingly.

Something like this http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strip-Link-Midi-Fuse-Holder-for-Striplink-Midi-fuses-Fuseholder-fits-all-/121209019230?nav=SEARCH

Mount on a piece of plate and once fitted and connected fill with vaseline to ensure they stay corrosion free.

Forgive me if I sound harsh but would it not have made more sense to have identified everything BEFORE cutting out the wiring ?

Try googling the relevant wiring diagrams for starters. You could also use the 300 Tdi fuse box pictorial to identify which fuse does what.

Mo

A couple of the fusible links in my RRC blew before my ownership as a result of the heater motor shorting, I replaced them with some in line fuses rather than a complete fuse box.

2015-08-10%2017_40_00.jpg

The blue wires are for towing electrics, the red ones are the replacement links.

A couple of the fusible links in my RRC blew before my ownership as a result of the heater motor shorting, I replaced them with some in line fuses rather than a complete fuse box.

2015-08-10%2017_40_00.jpg

The blue wires are for towing electrics, the red ones are the replacement links.

Oooo like that installation, tidy too ;)

Pretty much as I was trying to explain, Don't have fuzzy linx on pre 93MY D1s lol

Oooo like that installation, tidy too ;)

Pretty much as I was trying to explain, Don't have fuzzy linx on pre 93MY D1s lol

Thanks :) Inner wing looks a little scruffy in the photo but it's been cleaned since then! The fuses are pretty hefty, normal blade fuses don't really cut it.